Re: [Clip] Bug, Feature, or Idiosycrasy?

    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2011
      John Shotsky wrote:
      > I use those characters all the time in my clips, as placeholders,
      > and replace with them often. I've never experienced a
      > problem with them.

      As I said, it's only very few that won't work right. I had noticed
      before, that they all work fine when copied into the menu dialog but not
      when copied into a clip. Of the following six replacements, five work,
      the third doesn't.

      ^!Replace "¨O" >> "|" WASI
      ^!Replace "¡®" >> "'" WASI
      ^!Replace "¨C" >> "--" WASI
      ^!Replace "¡ª" >> "---" WASI
      ^!Replace "¨ù" >> "=" WASI
      ^!Replace "¡¯" >> "'" WASI

      > You might try escaping them in your clip to see if that
      > changes the behavior.

      There's no escaping in non-regex.