Re: [Clip] Re: Insert string at the start of each line of a block

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2011
      On 2011-04-30 13:35, Axel Berger wrote:
      > "flo.gehrke" wrote:
      > > Enter a caret '^' into the 'Reg.Expr.' field, insert your
      > > string into the 'Replace with' field, and start the job
      >
      > Hey, that really works. I would not have expected the caret on its own
      > to find and match anything. Something learnt, thanks Flo. Still, Jim has
      > already got a two-step process, reformatting the lines and inserting the
      > strings, so one clip is already easier than two deep sub-menus.
      One additional way to tackle this is Quote and UnQuote - clicking Quote
      button if you have it on your toolbar will insert > at beginning of
      selected lines. The character(s) inserted may be changed in Options
      (though the Unquote always removes any number of > characters only
      regardless of quote characters setting)

      I often do this after splitting lines copied from an email to requote
      for copy back to the reply. I suspect OP may have wanted to do this?
    • Jim Eoff
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2011
        Thank you both for sharing your insight.

        Jim