Re: [Clip] Help writing to disk files

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 24, 2011
      Art Kocsis wrote:
      > had been answered by Axel.

      No, that recognition has to go to Alec this time. I've now looked at his
      Clip library and it contains a lot of good stuff -- too much in fact for
      me.

      I often find it quicker to write something from scratch or better or
      adapt a general solution than to look at and understand a lot of ready
      made ones to find the one that fits.

      I have twice now posted my "Modify files" clip. It has all the machinery
      for finding and opening a defined set of files, is, I believe, well
      commented and documented, and easy to adapt to special requirements.

      But anyway, for everone who doesn't want to go that way, Alec's solution
      is a good one.

      Axel
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 24, 2011
        Mostly off-topic but interesting:
        With Google goo.gl shortcuts if logged in to google it keeps history of
        how shortcuts you publish are referenced and how. It appears that 10 of
        you have at least clicked on the link (http://goo.gl/HxtUL) if not
        downloaded the zip file, from a variety of different countries, browsers
        and platforms (at least one of you was using Unix - Larry?)

        Countries
        United States - 4
        Germany - 2
        Australia - 1