Re: [Clip] 3-Column Table

    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 1, 2011
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      > That looks dangerous because a person might add a few blank
      > lines to a clip to make it more legible,

      Begob, you're right! I was convinced that NoteTab would do the right
      thing and ignore emty lines, but it doesn't:

      ^!IfSame 1 1 Skip

      ^!Continue Not skipped
      ^!Continue skipped

      To me this is a design error and an important point to keep in mind.

      Thanks
      Axel
    • Eb
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 5, 2011
        Let me add to this, that NoteTab's clips started out as blocks of text, assigned to a keyword (the clip name). Even though clips can do much more than those original ones, that early feature is still available, and a mix of text and clip code as well.

        In other words, this is not a designe error, but an evolution, where powerful features ware added, along with backward compatibility.

        The need to watch for blank lines in your code is at worst a trade-off for more features.

        By the way, Ray figured out one of the workarounds - jumping to a label, rather than SKIPping. Another workaround is to place semicolons at the start of every blank line, if its only purpose is to make the code more readable.

        Cheers,

        Eb