Re: [Clip] 3-Column Table

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 1 12:42 PM
      Not sure if anyone answered these questions:

      > is there a complement to ^!IfFile*NOT*exist

      No, but:

      ^!IfFileExist "filespec" SKIP

      > I tried ^!End and ^!Exit, but neither worked

      Both END and EXIT are predefined labels.

      ^!Goto END
      goes to end of clip, returns to calling clip, if any

      ^!Goto EXIT
      stops execution, does NOT return to calling clip, if any
    • Eb
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 5 7:28 AM
        Let me add to this, that NoteTab's clips started out as blocks of text, assigned to a keyword (the clip name). Even though clips can do much more than those original ones, that early feature is still available, and a mix of text and clip code as well.

        In other words, this is not a designe error, but an evolution, where powerful features ware added, along with backward compatibility.

        The need to watch for blank lines in your code is at worst a trade-off for more features.

        By the way, Ray figured out one of the workarounds - jumping to a label, rather than SKIPping. Another workaround is to place semicolons at the start of every blank line, if its only purpose is to make the code more readable.

        Cheers,

        Eb