Access violation when running clips
- I have a weird problem that has just begun on my new computer. I'm running
Win 7 - 64 bit with a quad core processor and 8 G memory, with current
version of NoteTab Pro. I have it set to run as administrator, and I don't
have it installed in Program Files, as I prefer keeping everything in one
place - so it's in C:\Programs\NoteTab Pro. My previous computer was a
Pentium 4 with 2 G memory. The older computer does not exhibit this problem.
As many of you know, I write clips to convert recipes into a tagged text
format, when is then processed to be importable by Mastercook, Living
Cookbook, etc. My clip library is some 750K, and the code in question has
been in use for about 2 years.
Here's the problem:
When the word brûlés or brûlée in included in my sample text file of 1
recipe, NoteTab throws an access violation. Always at the same address.
However, if I first run a clip to convert those words to brulés and brulée,
the access violation does not occur. So it appears to be caused by the [û]
I have never seen such a data dependency in NoteTab, and those words have
always worked with the old computer, and among my users, most of which are
probably 32 bit systems. The only significant difference between my two
computers is that one is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit, in terms of
software. (My 32 bit computer is down, so I can't test this EXACT bit of
text with it right now).
When I installed NTP on the new computer, I copied from the old computer to
the new, so that all settings would be the same. I've been using it for
nearly a month, with no problems, but I probably had not processed these
words in that time.
The workaround, for now, is to change the word first, do my processing, then
change it back. But, it is an unexpected kind of error, and I suspect that
it needs to be reported.
I don't expect anyone to duplicate this problem using my clips, but am
hoping someone else has encountered the problem and solved it. I did install
the French and German language packs, but have not changed my region and
keyboard from US.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]