Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Access violation when running clips

Expand Messages
  • John Shotsky
    I have a weird problem that has just begun on my new computer. I m running Win 7 - 64 bit with a quad core processor and 8 G memory, with current version of
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2011
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      I have a weird problem that has just begun on my new computer. I'm running
      Win 7 - 64 bit with a quad core processor and 8 G memory, with current
      version of NoteTab Pro. I have it set to run as administrator, and I don't
      have it installed in Program Files, as I prefer keeping everything in one
      place - so it's in C:\Programs\NoteTab Pro. My previous computer was a
      Pentium 4 with 2 G memory. The older computer does not exhibit this problem.



      As many of you know, I write clips to convert recipes into a tagged text
      format, when is then processed to be importable by Mastercook, Living
      Cookbook, etc. My clip library is some 750K, and the code in question has
      been in use for about 2 years.



      Here's the problem:

      When the word brûlés or brûlée in included in my sample text file of 1
      recipe, NoteTab throws an access violation. Always at the same address.
      However, if I first run a clip to convert those words to brulés and brulée,
      the access violation does not occur. So it appears to be caused by the [û]
      only.



      I have never seen such a data dependency in NoteTab, and those words have
      always worked with the old computer, and among my users, most of which are
      probably 32 bit systems. The only significant difference between my two
      computers is that one is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit, in terms of
      software. (My 32 bit computer is down, so I can't test this EXACT bit of
      text with it right now).



      When I installed NTP on the new computer, I copied from the old computer to
      the new, so that all settings would be the same. I've been using it for
      nearly a month, with no problems, but I probably had not processed these
      words in that time.



      The workaround, for now, is to change the word first, do my processing, then
      change it back. But, it is an unexpected kind of error, and I suspect that
      it needs to be reported.



      I don't expect anyone to duplicate this problem using my clips, but am
      hoping someone else has encountered the problem and solved it. I did install
      the French and German language packs, but have not changed my region and
      keyboard from US.



      Thanks,

      John



      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.