Re: [Clip] Re: Why does my Wizard dialog text go blank?

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 7, 2011
      breaumark wrote:
      > I get the result you describe with your clip.

      Can't reproduce it here, seems that my Win98SE is still a comparatively
      unbroken OS and can't be remotely switched off at Mr Gates' whim. Two
      reasons not to "upgrade".

      Axel
    • mblattyh
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 13, 2011
        I recently upgraded to NoteTab Pro v6.2 running on a new Windows 7 system (from NTP6.1 on XP). I noticed this problem almost immediately with a clip I use many multiple times per day.

        1) Thanks for figuring out a work-around (hitting the Enter key instead of clicking on OK button, in the wizard that executes prior to the one with the problem, seems to work for me).

        2) Quick search of group messages doesn't show any solution to this problem. Have I done too cursory a search? Or is there still no solution?

        Thanks!

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "breaumark" <breaumark@...> wrote:

        > I get the result you describe with your clip.
        >
        > The problem of blank wizards has been raised twice before on this list. No resolution has been found.
        >

        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "joy8388608" <mycroftj@> wrote:
        > >
        > > NTL 6.2 on Win 7 machine.
        > >
        > > Can anyone duplicate and explain this odd behavior I noticed in my wizard dialog?
        > >
        > > When I run the following clip, if I click OK for the wizard and the prompt, the wizard label and all other text is not displayed. But if I use the spacebar to 'click' the ok button on the prompt, it reappears!
        > >
        > > Joy
        > >

        > > ^!ClearVariables
        > > ^!Goto START
        > >
        > > :NO_SPACES_MSG
        > > ^!Prompt Clicking OK usually loses Label and title while hitting space to click usually does not!
        > >
        > > :START
        > > ^!SetWizardLabel "Just click OK"
        > > ^!SetWizardTitle "This is the title"
        > >
        > > :WITH_UC
        > > ^!Set %Left%=^?{(M="C;1;_")Left character (no spaces)=};%Right%=^?{(M="C;1;_")Right character (no spaces)=}
        > >
        > > ^!IfSame "^%Left%" " " NO_SPACES_MSG
        > > ^!IfSame "^%Right%" " " NO_SPACES_MSG

      • breaumark
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 26, 2011
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "mblattyh" <mblattyh@...> wrote:

          > I recently upgraded to NoteTab Pro v6.2 running on a new Windows 7 system (from NTP6.1 on XP). I noticed this problem almost immediately with a clip I use many multiple times per day.
          >
          > 1) Thanks for figuring out a work-around (hitting the Enter key instead of clicking on OK button, in the wizard that executes prior to the one with the problem, seems to work for me).
          >
          > 2) Quick search of group messages doesn't show any solution to this problem. Have I done too cursory a search? Or is there still no solution?
          >
          > Thanks!

          Just so you won't go without any response at all...

          I submitted this bug in March 2011. NoteTab headquarters replied that they receive occasional reports of the issue but have been unable to replicate it. Their surmise, like mine, was that it relates either to incompatibility with graphics systems or to the superannuated compiler used to generate Notetab. They hoped to move to a newer compiler later in the year. That is the latest I've heard.

          As of now, even in my own scant experience, the problem has appeared on a succession of two different computers, with two different graphics systems (NVIDIA and Intel) and several revisions of graphics drivers. So my hopes lie with the new compiler, but what do I know?
        • mblattyh
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
            Thank you for the reply. It helps to know I'm not the only one out here experiencing this.