Re: [Clip] Missing Sample Code

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2011
      Eb wrote:
      > Ray,
      >
      > the templates folder is for clip-like documents, which execute
      when loaded via the File/Templates/open menu. Notice I said clip-like
      (not library-like). Libraries contain multiple clips, clips contain
      text and or clipcode.

      > This 'template' folder is NOT the right place for library (*.clb)
      files. So you can delete the template\samples.clb file without
      harmful effect.

      > To access a library is best done from the NoteTab libraries list
      (libraries bar or clipbook). I prefer the clipbook, rather than the
      libraries bar because is has more capacity. My system has over 200
      active libraries on it. I'm a collector, never throw anything away.

      > Cheers
      >
      > Eb

      Ray,

      The 'templates' folder is part of a normal NoteTab install. I didn't
      add mine and it has been there for 15 years or more. It will contain
      '.tpl' files but may also have other files in it.

      Templates files may contain normal text, html or possibly some
      clipcode. When the file is loaded, either from a dropdown menu or
      from a command in a running clip, or, just double-clicking it, the
      content of the '.tpl' will be loaded into a new document and if it
      has clipcode the code will be executed.

      If you have 2 samplecode.clb files one of them is redundant, most
      likely the samplecode file in the templates folder. If they are
      identical you may safely delete one of them.

      ºvº SL_255_day#_64 - created 2011.03.05 ~ 12.10.39

      Potential bumper sticker
      • I work 40 hours a week to be this poor.

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2011
        Thanks Harvey and Eb,

        I deleted SampleCode.clb from the Templates folder with no ill effect as
        predicted by you.

        Thanks for that and for the info about the intended use for the Template
        folder.

        Ray Shapp