Merging otl into one HTML file?

  • frosted_reality
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2011
      I'm looking for a way to turn my otl file into one giant HTML file.

      I found the Outline clipbook on the main Fookes page, but the clips seem designed to turn the otl into multiple pages, instead of one big one.

      Everything in my otl is already encoded for the web (with the first heading being my header info, the last heading being the footer) and I don't need to have NoteTab do anything with the otl's headings.

      So really, I just need the otl contents merged into a single page with heading labels ignored. Has anyone written something like that?
    • diodeom
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2011
        In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "frosted_reality" <ice_is_blue@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for a way to turn my otl file into one giant HTML file.

        Try this (after specifying the location of your otl in the second line):

        ^!Toolbar New Document
        ^!InsertText ^$GetFileText(C:\path\to\your.otl)$
        ^!Replace "^\= .+\R+" >> "" WRS
        ^!Replace "^H\=".+\R" >> "" WARS
        ^!Jump 1

        BTW, you can open an Outline doc (it is a single text file) in any other text editor.
      • Eb
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2011
          When the outline file is the curent document in NoteTab,
          just click Modify menu --> Document to Html --> No Character conversion.

          Result, a copy of the original file, renamed to *.html, containing a single html page, with table of content at the top.

          Cheers,

          Eb