Re: [Clip] ^!RunPerl scipt behaviour

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
      On 2011-02-15 22:38, Tim P wrote:
      > When I "print $_;" in a Perl clip, the Document's text is removed.
      >
      > How do you process an opened (perhaps unsaved) document in a Perl clip?
      >
      > I know the work around is to save the file, then ^!Shell the perl.exe
      > to work on the ^** . BUT I want to use ^!RunPerl .
      >
      > I think I just need a clue. Badly.
      Its actually pretty easy :-)

      In Library [SampleCode] find the scripts:
      Perl script and _Perl NumLines
      as delivered with normal install [Perl Script] (containing normal clip
      code) is set up to invoke [_Perl NumLines] (containing the actual Perl
      script) which is run against the currently focused document.

      Modify the two as desired for your use case. You could also put a wizard
      (or other selection code) to determine which of several perl scripts
      will be run.

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
        On 2/15/2011 10:38 PM, Tim P wrote:
        > When I "print $_;" in a Perl clip, the Document's text is removed.
        >
        > How do you process an opened (perhaps unsaved) document in a Perl clip?
        >
        > I know the work around is to save the file, then ^!Shell the perl.exe to work on the ^** . BUT I want to use ^!RunPerl .
        >
        > I think I just need a clue. Badly.
        >
        > TIA

        Been a really long time since I used perl in notetab. But try selecting
        the text before running the clip.
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
          On 2/15/2011 11:43 PM, Sheri wrote:
          > On 2/15/2011 10:38 PM, Tim P wrote:
          >> When I "print $_;" in a Perl clip, the Document's text is removed.
          >>
          >> How do you process an opened (perhaps unsaved) document in a Perl clip?
          >>
          >> I know the work around is to save the file, then ^!Shell the perl.exe to work on the ^** . BUT I want to use ^!RunPerl .
          >>
          >> I think I just need a clue. Badly.
          >>
          >> TIA
          > Been a really long time since I used perl in notetab. But try selecting
          > the text before running the clip.

          If the document is empty before running the clip, type a space and
          select it and then run the clip.