Re: [Clip] Puzzling behavior of Select FileName

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9, 2011
      There are two reasons for NoteTab's 'select filename' behavior:

      1. Filenames do not necessarily start with a drive letter. Especially in a document, that just happens to have a filename in it.
      At one extreme is "filename", at the other is "//servername/sharename/path/filename.extension.nutherextension.andanother.etc"

      2. The position of the cursor, which is where NT starts looking from, in both directions, for a delimited block of text. Delimiters are spaces and quotes, among others.

      Consider the FILENAME option for ^!select as a bonus, which may be useful in concert with other tools. It interprets certain strings with delimiters embedded as filename, as opposed to a list of delimited words. It does NOT interpret spaces, and a few other delimiters, as part of a filename. If you want to include some of these delimiters, as you have already found, there are other ways to do what you need. Even with NoteTab light <g>.

      Cheers,

      Eb