Re: Is there any way to present a prompt with 3 buttons?

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
      There is no direct three-BUTTON option, but ...

      Whenever you have TWO buttons, you have an invisile third choice:

      press CTRL+ALT and click either button. This will stop clip execution.
      If you do this for a user, you could provide a prompt of sorts. For example:

      ^!Skip Hang TEN (yes) gimme FIVE (no)^%nl%Abort (CTRL+ALT+NO)

      The there is the wizard option. Create a wizard that has as many choices as you like. Problem, it requires two clicks (select, then OK).

      You can create a direct clip command from a wizard:
      ^!^?{Select an option==Hang TEN^=Goto HANGTEN|...}
      or
      ^!Goto ^?{Select and option==HangTen|GimmeFive|Abort}

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "joy8388608" <mycroftj@...> wrote:

      > I would love to have something like the CONTINUE or SKIP commands but with three buttons such as YES\NO\CANCEL.
      >
      > What does one normally do if looping through something and asking the user if he wants to do A or B or cancel the clip or exit the loop?
      >
      > Being able to select the words on the three buttons would be great.
      >
      > How does one suggest\request this or is there a way to do something like this I never saw?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Joy

    • joy8388608
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
        Thanks, I really like the ^!Goto ^?{Select an option==HangTen|GimmeFive|Abort} idea. You can double click the selections so it does work well.

        Joy