Is there any way to present a prompt with 3 buttons?

  • joy8388608
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
      I would love to have something like the CONTINUE or SKIP commands but with three buttons such as YES\NO\CANCEL.

      What does one normally do if looping through something and asking the user if he wants to do A or B or cancel the clip or exit the loop?

      Being able to select the words on the three buttons would be great.

      How does one suggest\request this or is there a way to do something like this I never saw?

      Thanks,

      Joy
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
        There is no direct three-BUTTON option, but ...

        Whenever you have TWO buttons, you have an invisile third choice:

        press CTRL+ALT and click either button. This will stop clip execution.
        If you do this for a user, you could provide a prompt of sorts. For example:

        ^!Skip Hang TEN (yes) gimme FIVE (no)^%nl%Abort (CTRL+ALT+NO)

        The there is the wizard option. Create a wizard that has as many choices as you like. Problem, it requires two clicks (select, then OK).

        You can create a direct clip command from a wizard:
        ^!^?{Select an option==Hang TEN^=Goto HANGTEN|...}
        or
        ^!Goto ^?{Select and option==HangTen|GimmeFive|Abort}

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "joy8388608" <mycroftj@...> wrote:

        > I would love to have something like the CONTINUE or SKIP commands but with three buttons such as YES\NO\CANCEL.
        >
        > What does one normally do if looping through something and asking the user if he wants to do A or B or cancel the clip or exit the loop?
        >
        > Being able to select the words on the three buttons would be great.
        >
        > How does one suggest\request this or is there a way to do something like this I never saw?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Joy

      • joy8388608
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
          Thanks, I really like the ^!Goto ^?{Select an option==HangTen|GimmeFive|Abort} idea. You can double click the selections so it does work well.

          Joy