Re: [Clip] RegEx issue with \w and +

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 2, 2011
      'Nuff said.

      > ... Win98SE
    • flo.gehrke
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 21, 2012

        > Today I stumbled on the following issue. Given a list...
        >
        > xxxa
        > xxxb
        > xxxä
        >
        > The clip...
        >
        > ^!Find "^\w+b$" WRS
        >
        > will find and select the second line.
        >
        > So I expect '^\w+ä$' to match the third line -- but it doesn't
        > match anything. Why this?
        > (...)

        Today I've heard from the German developer of DIRegEx (which is embedding PCRE into NoteTab) that this issue has turned out to be a bug in PCRE.

        The good news is: The developers of PCRE have already found a solution. So there is hope that we'll see this resolved in a future update of NTb.

        Regards,
        Flo
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 21, 2012
          FYI � it finds it if you put it in a character class. [�] (v7).