[Clip] Re: Search Engine clip working

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 1999
      Hi Eric,

      > 1. If I have the clip open, but not active and i run the clip
      > on another document, the clip goes haywire. I thought you could
      > run clips when they are open so long as it's not active. Am I
      > mistaken?

      Yes and no. As long as the Clip Editor is not focused (which I
      think you are calling active, as in the active tab) you can run a
      Clip. However, if you Clip contains code to switch to different
      documents it can very well mess up a Clip, especially if there is
      a Find and Replace or InsertText involved. (I have been able to
      run Clips on the Clip Editor, but not having it active first.)

      > Is there anyway to automatically close the clip or check to
      > make sure its closed before its run?

      ^!IfTrue ^$IsClipDoc$ Next else Skip
      ^!Close

      > 2. I'm also still having problems running the clip when
      > multiple documents are open. While I have figured out how to
      > set the active document to the document the clip was run on, it
      > still will jump around to the last open document (furthest to
      > the right) during the execution. Sometimes I think its
      > executing on the wrong doc but it's not.

      Off the top of my head I can think of a few things that would
      cause that.

      1. Using the G option in a Replace command
      1. Incorrect Keyboard commands
      3. Using ^!Toolbar [First|Next|Prev|Last] and executing them when
      you are not wanting to as in out of sequence with the rest of
      the script.

      Look into:

      ^!Set %Variable%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%Variable%