[Clip] Switching Clip Assistants

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      Hi All,

      I have been trying to use the Clip Assistant more in my clip writing
      efforts and I have previously written clips for it that I call debugger
      clips for my personalized use. In effect, I have created my own customized
      Clip Assistant. Now I would like to have more in there but you can only
      have one Clip Assistant and if you keep adding things to it, you will very
      soon find it so large and cluttered as to become useless. I have taken an
      idea from Charlie Raines and Eric Beecher and I have written a small clip
      that allows me to select from a series of cliphelp.clh files and switch
      between them. It starts out simple now but I expect it to grow for me as I
      think of things to add. I have named the default that comes with the
      program, ClipHelp1._lh and my customized one ClipHelp2._lh. The clip uses
      copyfile to replace ClipHelp.clh with one or the other when you run it and
      select what you want from the wizard. You need to set up the two files as
      I have so that you have something to switch to. Just copy your default to
      ClipHelp1._lh and then add some custom clips to the clip assistant and save
      them and then copy that file to ClipHelp2._lh and you should then be able
      to run the clip below to switch back and forth between them.

      You should eventually be able to create many clip assistant versions and
      expand the wizard to allow you to switch between them.

      The clip below is written to leave the quicklist in the state it was in
      when you run the clip. If it is closed, it will stay closed. If it is
      open, it will close and then re-open to make the change take effect.

      ---------< start clip >---------
      H="Switch Clip Assistant"
      ;Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      ;12/02/1999, 11:44:53 PM
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!Set %Quicklist%=^$GetValue("QuickList:ShowQuickList")$
      ^!^?{Select Clip Assistant==_Customized^=Goto CAS1|Default^=Goto CAS2}
      ^!Goto Exit

      :CAS1
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!SaveValue QuickList:ShowQuickList=0
      ^!ProgIniLoad

      ^!Copyfile "C:\PROGRAM FILES\NoteTab Beta\ClipHelp2._lh" "C:\PROGRAM
      FILES\NoteTab Beta\ClipHelp.clh"

      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!SaveValue QuickList:ShowQuickList=^%Quicklist%
      ^!ProgIniLoad
      ^!Goto Exit

      :CAS2
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!SaveValue QuickList:ShowQuickList=0
      ^!ProgIniLoad

      ^!Copyfile "C:\PROGRAM FILES\NoteTab Beta\ClipHelp1._lh" "C:\PROGRAM
      FILES\NoteTab Beta\ClipHelp.clh"

      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!SaveValue QuickList:ShowQuickList=^%Quicklist%
      ^!ProgIniLoad
      ^!Goto Exit

      Regards,

      Larry