[Clip] Re: Corrupted Clips

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
      Hi Steve,

      > It took me awhile but i got my arrays working the way i want.

      Glad to hear it!

      > I having a problem with my clips getting "corupted".
      >
      > Characters are being replaced with "little boxes".

      Check to see what format you are saving in. Perhaps that could
      be the problem. I'd do the scandisk as well like Charlie
      mentioned.

      Look in Options under the Document menu for Save and also right
      click over the Clip Editor tab.

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
        Hi steve,

        > My option for save format is grayed out when I right click over
        > the editor tab?????

        That is my error. It would make sense that Eric forces the save
        to Dos/Windows and not allow us to mess it up. ;) It wouls also
        make sense if the same held true with the global option, but I
        have never tested it to see if it is so or if there might be a
        bug that allows clips to be saved by a different format. If you
        were set to original though and made the Clips yourself, then
        Save format is not the problem.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • steve
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
          >Have you run SCANDISK Lately?

          I did a scandisk,nothing, I didn't even have any lost clusters.

          > Check to see what format you are saving in

          They were being saved as the original, i changed it to DOS/Windows see if
          that does anything.

          > Look in Options under the Document menu for Save and also right
          > click over the Clip Editor tab.

          My option for save format is grayed out when I right click over the editor
          tab?????

          Steve
        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 1999
            Hi Steve,

            > > Check to see what format you are saving in
            >
            >They were being saved as the original, i changed it to DOS/Windows see if
            >that does anything.
            > >
            > > Look in Options under the Document menu for Save and also right
            > > click over the Clip Editor tab.
            >
            >My option for save format is grayed out when I right click over the editor
            >tab?????

            Actually, Outlines and the Clipbook Editor always save in the DOS/Windows
            format, no matter what setting you use for the option.

            Regards,
            Eric Fookes
            -----------
            NoteTab v4.6a available from
          • Len
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 1999
              Hi Steve, All;

              I've had a similar problem that occurs about once a month.
              A clip that has previously worked OK will cause an error.
              Investigation has revealed a failing instruction but no
              indication of a bad character.
              Retyping the instruction does not solve the problem but deleting
              the line and replacing the instruction does fix the problem.

              To me this is just a minor eccentricity of NoteTab/Win95/whatever.

              Wish I had an explanation, Len

              At 01:46 PM 12/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
              >I having a problem with my clips getting "corupted".
              >
              >Characters are being replaced with "little boxes". I think they're
              binary characters if i'm not mistaken. There is is no ryme or reason as to
              which characters are being replaced. Sometimes its a letter,space, or a carrage return but usually its a space. I'll have clips that work fine one day and the next they don't work, when i look at them there will be characters replaced with those "little boxes".

              Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
              Avionics Systems Engineer
              E-Mail: Len <NoteTabA@...>