RE: [Clip] Organising the Clipbook

  • Pete Turner
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 17, 2011
      G'day Robert,

      > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use Shift-F10 as
      > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
      > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
      > accelerator keys.

      Interesting - for me, the context menu has the exact same appearance, whether I access it via Shift+F10 or via a right-click.

      Pete

      Pete Turner | Senior Software Engineer | Public Sector Group | Infor | Phone: +61 8 83726111 Fax: +61 8 83726199 | pete.turner@...
      For the latest Infor Public Sector information visit www.infor.com.au/anzpublicsector

    • Eb
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
        The accellerator keys still work, even it they are not underlined.
        If you want to use the accelerator keys in clips, i.e. the Keyborard command, just look them up with SHIFT+F10 (focus needs to be in the clipbook already).

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robert Bull <barlennan@...> wrote:

        > Hello, Pete;
        >
        > Sunday, January 16, 2011, 11:58:20 PM, you wrote:
        >
        > >> 1) With the Clipbook showing, right-clicking an entry gives a pop-up
        > >> menu. Please, is there any way to add accelerator keys to the menu, or
        > >> change its order? I pressed "S" to Save - but Sorted comes before Save
        >
        > PT> The accelerator key for a menu item is denoted by the underlined
        > PT> letter - so the accelerator key for Save Now is W.
        >
        > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use Shift-F10 as
        > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
        > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
        > accelerator keys. Maybe the logic is that if you've clicked, you're
        > going to keep using the mouse. I'd have expected accelerator keys for
        > both, though.
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        >
        > Robert Bull
        > mailto:barlennan@...

      • Robert Bull
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
          Hello, loro;

          l> SHIFT+F10 is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut. Works anywhere.

          I knew about plain F10. Didn't know Shift+F10 was standard, despite
          using it in Total Commander <sigh> Oh, well, something I've learnt,
          thanks!

          Robert Bull
          mailto:barlennan@...
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
            Most (US?) desktop keyboards have a context menu key (between right-ALT
            key and right-CTL key) which is equivalent to Shift+F10. If you
            normally/always use a laptop you might not know about it ;-) .

            On 2011-01-18 16:28, Robert Bull wrote:
            > Hello, loro;
            >
            > Monday, January 17, 2011, 11:58:49 PM, you wrote:
            >
            > l> SHIFT+F10 is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut. Works anywhere.
            >
            > I knew about plain F10. Didn't know Shift+F10 was standard, despite
            > using it in Total Commander<sigh> Oh, well, something I've learnt,
            > thanks!
          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
              > Robert Bull: > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use
              > Shift-F10 as
              > > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
              > > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
              > > accelerator keys. Maybe the logic is that if you've clicked, you're
              > > going to keep using the mouse. I'd have expected accelerator keys for
              > > both, though.
              Found by Googling: [accelerator keys underline visible]
              > Right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Effects/Hide underlined
              > letters....
              but I already knew it existed, just could not remember how to set/unset
              it. I'm using WinXP SP3 and (I think) the default is "hide underlines"
              until ALT key is pressed.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 19, 2011
                Hello, Alec;

                AB> Found by Googling: [accelerator keys underline visible]
                >> Right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Effects/Hide underlined
                >> letters....
                AB> but I already knew it existed, just could not remember how to set/unset
                AB> it. I'm using WinXP SP3 and (I think) the default is "hide underlines"
                AB> until ALT key is pressed.

                I'm using Vista Home Premium, so it looks like the default is the
                same.

                Robert Bull
                mailto:barlennan@...
              • Robert Bull
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 19, 2011
                  Hello, Alec;

                  AB> Most (US?) desktop keyboards have a context menu key (between right-ALT
                  AB> key and right-CTL key) which is equivalent to Shift+F10. If you
                  AB> normally/always use a laptop you might not know about it ;-) .

                  Using a UK laptop and DO have that key :) And had forgotten about it
                  :( It's supposed to look like a menu. I always think it looks like
                  an old-fashioned petrol pump...

                  Robert Bull
                  mailto:barlennan@...