Re: [Clip] Organising the Clipbook

  • loro
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 17, 2011
      >Many thanks! I had looked up Shift-F4 but had forgotten it, but
      >Shift-F10 was new to me.

      SHIFT+F10 is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut. Works anywhere.

      Lotta
    • Pete Turner
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 17, 2011
        G'day Robert,

        > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use Shift-F10 as
        > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
        > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
        > accelerator keys.

        Interesting - for me, the context menu has the exact same appearance, whether I access it via Shift+F10 or via a right-click.

        Pete

        Pete Turner | Senior Software Engineer | Public Sector Group | Infor | Phone: +61 8 83726111 Fax: +61 8 83726199 | pete.turner@...
        For the latest Infor Public Sector information visit www.infor.com.au/anzpublicsector

      • Eb
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
          The accellerator keys still work, even it they are not underlined.
          If you want to use the accelerator keys in clips, i.e. the Keyborard command, just look them up with SHIFT+F10 (focus needs to be in the clipbook already).

          Cheers,

          Eb

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robert Bull <barlennan@...> wrote:

          > Hello, Pete;
          >
          > Sunday, January 16, 2011, 11:58:20 PM, you wrote:
          >
          > >> 1) With the Clipbook showing, right-clicking an entry gives a pop-up
          > >> menu. Please, is there any way to add accelerator keys to the menu, or
          > >> change its order? I pressed "S" to Save - but Sorted comes before Save
          >
          > PT> The accelerator key for a menu item is denoted by the underlined
          > PT> letter - so the accelerator key for Save Now is W.
          >
          > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use Shift-F10 as
          > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
          > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
          > accelerator keys. Maybe the logic is that if you've clicked, you're
          > going to keep using the mouse. I'd have expected accelerator keys for
          > both, though.
          >
          > --
          > Regards,
          >
          > Robert Bull
          > mailto:barlennan@...

        • Robert Bull
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
            Hello, loro;

            l> SHIFT+F10 is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut. Works anywhere.

            I knew about plain F10. Didn't know Shift+F10 was standard, despite
            using it in Total Commander <sigh> Oh, well, something I've learnt,
            thanks!

            Robert Bull
            mailto:barlennan@...
          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
              Most (US?) desktop keyboards have a context menu key (between right-ALT
              key and right-CTL key) which is equivalent to Shift+F10. If you
              normally/always use a laptop you might not know about it ;-) .

              On 2011-01-18 16:28, Robert Bull wrote:
              > Hello, loro;
              >
              > Monday, January 17, 2011, 11:58:49 PM, you wrote:
              >
              > l> SHIFT+F10 is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut. Works anywhere.
              >
              > I knew about plain F10. Didn't know Shift+F10 was standard, despite
              > using it in Total Commander<sigh> Oh, well, something I've learnt,
              > thanks!
            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
                > Robert Bull: > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use
                > Shift-F10 as
                > > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
                > > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
                > > accelerator keys. Maybe the logic is that if you've clicked, you're
                > > going to keep using the mouse. I'd have expected accelerator keys for
                > > both, though.
                Found by Googling: [accelerator keys underline visible]
                > Right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Effects/Hide underlined
                > letters....
                but I already knew it existed, just could not remember how to set/unset
                it. I'm using WinXP SP3 and (I think) the default is "hide underlines"
                until ALT key is pressed.

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 19, 2011
                  Hello, Alec;

                  AB> Found by Googling: [accelerator keys underline visible]
                  >> Right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Effects/Hide underlined
                  >> letters....
                  AB> but I already knew it existed, just could not remember how to set/unset
                  AB> it. I'm using WinXP SP3 and (I think) the default is "hide underlines"
                  AB> until ALT key is pressed.

                  I'm using Vista Home Premium, so it looks like the default is the
                  same.

                  Robert Bull
                  mailto:barlennan@...
                • Robert Bull
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 19, 2011
                    Hello, Alec;

                    AB> Most (US?) desktop keyboards have a context menu key (between right-ALT
                    AB> key and right-CTL key) which is equivalent to Shift+F10. If you
                    AB> normally/always use a laptop you might not know about it ;-) .

                    Using a UK laptop and DO have that key :) And had forgotten about it
                    :( It's supposed to look like a menu. I always think it looks like
                    an old-fashioned petrol pump...

                    Robert Bull
                    mailto:barlennan@...