Organising the Clipbook

  • Robert Bull
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 14, 2011
      I normally hide the Clipbook and use the "In-Context" version from the
      ESC key. When I want to add, edit or organise the Clipbook, I show it
      again with F4.

      1) With the Clipbook showing, right-clicking an entry gives a pop-up
      menu. Please, is there any way to add accelerator keys to the menu, or
      change its order? I pressed "S" to Save - but Sorted comes before Save
      Now, so that's what it did... Not what I meant! I had to lose the
      changes and start again. I'd like to change their order, or set _S_ave
      Now as the on-menu hotkey.

      2) How do you move clips up and down the Clipbook list? If I want to
      move folders up and down the tree in my e-mail client TheBat!, I can
      use Shift-Control-Arrow to do it. I'd like something similar in NTP.

      3) With the Clipbook hidden, I get to clips be pressing ESC, when a
      one-line-deep dropdown appears. Can that be deepened? I have a number
      of clips that start with the same characters and would like to be able
      to see more of them at once. Of course, I can scroll through them
      anyway, but sometimes it would be nice to see several at a time.

      --
      Thanks,

      Robert Bull
      mailto:barlennan@...
    • Don
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 14, 2011
        > 2) How do you move clips up and down the Clipbook list? If I want to
        > move folders up and down the tree in my e-mail client TheBat!, I can
        > use Shift-Control-Arrow to do it. I'd like something similar in NTP.

        Click and drag them.
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 14, 2011
          Don wrote:
          >> 2) How do you move clips up and down the Clipbook list? If I want to
          >> move folders up and down the tree in my e-mail client TheBat!, I can
          >> use Shift-Control-Arrow to do it. I'd like something similar in NTP.
          >>
          > Click and drag them.

          Robert, Don,

          To 'click & drag' the option - View > Options > ClipBook - Single
          Click to Execute must be unchecked.

          That is, if you're a single-clicker.

          ºvº SL_day# 015 - created 2011.01.15_00.59.26

          *THE MIDNIGHT RIDE*
          • *OF PAUL FOR BEER*
          • *LED TO A WARMER*
          • *HEMISPHERE*
          • *BurmaShave*

          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
        • Ian at Yahoo
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 15, 2011
            On 15/01/2011 6:05 AM, Robert Bull wrote:
            > I normally hide the Clipbook and use the "In-Context" version from the
            > ESC key. When I want to add, edit or organise the Clipbook, I show it
            > again with F4.
            Thanks I did not know about the escape option.
            > 1) With the Clipbook showing, right-clicking an entry gives a pop-up
            > menu. Please, is there any way to add accelerator keys to the menu, or
            > change its order? I pressed "S" to Save - but Sorted comes before Save
            > Now, so that's what it did... Not what I meant! I had to lose the
            > changes and start again. I'd like to change their order, or set _S_ave
            > Now as the on-menu hotkey.
            I just click the Save Icon on the toolbar. or right click on the [Clips]
            tab and press S or click on Save. Clips are not saved individually.
            > 3) With the Clipbook hidden, I get to clips be pressing ESC, when a
            > one-line-deep dropdown appears. Can that be deepened? I have a number
            > of clips that start with the same characters and would like to be able
            > to see more of them at once. Of course, I can scroll through them
            > anyway, but sometimes it would be nice to see several at a time.

            If you click on the drop down arrow you get the full list in the order
            of your Clip.

            Ian
          • loro
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 15, 2011
              Ian wrote:
              >Robert Bull wrote:
              > > 3) With the Clipbook hidden, I get to clips be pressing ESC, when a
              > > one-line-deep dropdown appears. Can that be deepened? I have a number
              > > of clips that start with the same characters and would like to be able
              > > to see more of them at once. Of course, I can scroll through them
              > > anyway, but sometimes it would be nice to see several at a time.

              >If you click on the drop down arrow you get the full list in the order
              >of your Clip.

              Or if you prefer keyboard, ALT + down-arrow .

              Lotta
            • Robert Bull
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 16, 2011
                RB> 1) With the Clipbook showing, right-clicking an entry gives a pop-up

                To save multiple messages: thanks, folks!

                I can't believe I didn't think of clicking on the clipbook dropdown
                arrow, nor Alt-Down on it... Nor click-and-drag the clips to re-order
                them! Slight defence of the latter; as an old-time DOS person, I think
                keyboard rather than mouse, and get a bit confused when programs offer
                most things as keyboard shortcuts, but others as mouse only.
                Supplementary question: is there a keyboard shortcut equivalent to
                right-clicking on the clip list?

                It turned out that "View > Options > ClipBook - Single Click to
                Execute" was already unchecked. I don't know if that's the default;
                it's too long since I installed NTP so can't be sure I didn't change
                it.

                --
                Thanks,

                Robert Bull
                mailto:barlennan@...
              • loro
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 16, 2011
                  Robert Bull wrote:
                  >Supplementary question: is there a keyboard shortcut equivalent to
                  >right-clicking on the clip list?

                  But of course! ;-) SHIFT+F4 SHIFT+F10

                  SHIFT+F4 makes focus jump between the clipbook and the document. Look
                  in the Help file. There's a lot of keyboard shortcuts and you can
                  also specify you own, but only for menu commands.
                  Reference Information | Other Features | Keyboard Shortcuts

                  >It turned out that "View > Options > ClipBook - Single Click to
                  >Execute" was already unchecked. I don't know if that's the default;
                  >it's too long since I installed NTP so can't be sure I didn't change
                  >it.

                  I think it is. You can have a button on the clipbar that toggle that
                  option. It can be handy. Below is Jody's old clip.

                  ________________________
                  Clipbook Click
                  ; Last Updated 04/11/2000, Sojourner@..., jody
                  ; Toggles Single Click to Paste
                  ^!ClearVariable %ChangeBack%
                  ^!IfSame "^$GetAppPath$NotePro.ini" "^$GetIniFile$" Skip_2
                  ^!Set %ini%=^$GetIniFile$; %ChangeBack%=1
                  ^!SetIniFile
                  ^!ProgIniSave
                  ^!If ^$GetValue(Clipbook:SingleClick)$ = 1 Off
                  ^!SaveValue Clipbook:SingleClick=1
                  ^!ProgIniLoad
                  ^!Sound "^$GetSoundPath$Caw.wav"
                  ^!Goto End

                  :Off
                  ^!SaveValue Clipbook:SingleClick=0
                  ^!ProgIniLoad
                  ^!Sound "^$GetSoundPath$CawCaw.wav"
                  ^!IfTrue ^%ChangeBack% Next else End
                  ^!SetIniFile ^%ini
                  ________________________

                  Lotta
                • Pete Turner
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 16, 2011
                    > 1) With the Clipbook showing, right-clicking an entry gives a pop-up
                    > menu. Please, is there any way to add accelerator keys to the menu, or
                    > change its order? I pressed "S" to Save - but Sorted comes before Save
                    > Now, so that's what it did... Not what I meant! I had to lose the
                    > changes and start again. I'd like to change their order, or set _S_ave
                    > Now as the on-menu hotkey.

                    The accelerator key for a menu item is denoted by the underlined letter - so the accelerator key for Save Now is W.

                    Pete

                  • Robert Bull
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 17, 2011
                      Hello, Pete;

                      >> 1) With the Clipbook showing, right-clicking an entry gives a pop-up
                      >> menu. Please, is there any way to add accelerator keys to the menu, or
                      >> change its order? I pressed "S" to Save - but Sorted comes before Save

                      PT> The accelerator key for a menu item is denoted by the underlined
                      PT> letter - so the accelerator key for Save Now is W.

                      Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use Shift-F10 as
                      mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
                      right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
                      accelerator keys. Maybe the logic is that if you've clicked, you're
                      going to keep using the mouse. I'd have expected accelerator keys for
                      both, though.

                      Robert Bull
                      mailto:barlennan@...
                    • Robert Bull
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 17, 2011
                        Hello, loro;

                        l> But of course! ;-) SHIFT+F4 SHIFT+F10

                        Many thanks! I had looked up Shift-F4 but had forgotten it, but
                        Shift-F10 was new to me.

                        Robert Bull
                        mailto:barlennan@...
                      • loro
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 17, 2011
                          >Many thanks! I had looked up Shift-F4 but had forgotten it, but
                          >Shift-F10 was new to me.

                          SHIFT+F10 is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut. Works anywhere.

                          Lotta
                        • Pete Turner
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 17, 2011
                            G'day Robert,

                            > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use Shift-F10 as
                            > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
                            > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
                            > accelerator keys.

                            Interesting - for me, the context menu has the exact same appearance, whether I access it via Shift+F10 or via a right-click.

                            Pete

                            Pete Turner | Senior Software Engineer | Public Sector Group | Infor | Phone: +61 8 83726111 Fax: +61 8 83726199 | pete.turner@...
                            For the latest Infor Public Sector information visit www.infor.com.au/anzpublicsector

                          • Eb
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
                              The accellerator keys still work, even it they are not underlined.
                              If you want to use the accelerator keys in clips, i.e. the Keyborard command, just look them up with SHIFT+F10 (focus needs to be in the clipbook already).

                              Cheers,

                              Eb

                              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robert Bull <barlennan@...> wrote:

                              > Hello, Pete;
                              >
                              > Sunday, January 16, 2011, 11:58:20 PM, you wrote:
                              >
                              > >> 1) With the Clipbook showing, right-clicking an entry gives a pop-up
                              > >> menu. Please, is there any way to add accelerator keys to the menu, or
                              > >> change its order? I pressed "S" to Save - but Sorted comes before Save
                              >
                              > PT> The accelerator key for a menu item is denoted by the underlined
                              > PT> letter - so the accelerator key for Save Now is W.
                              >
                              > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use Shift-F10 as
                              > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
                              > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
                              > accelerator keys. Maybe the logic is that if you've clicked, you're
                              > going to keep using the mouse. I'd have expected accelerator keys for
                              > both, though.
                              >
                              > --
                              > Regards,
                              >
                              > Robert Bull
                              > mailto:barlennan@...

                            • Robert Bull
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
                                Hello, loro;

                                l> SHIFT+F10 is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut. Works anywhere.

                                I knew about plain F10. Didn't know Shift+F10 was standard, despite
                                using it in Total Commander <sigh> Oh, well, something I've learnt,
                                thanks!

                                Robert Bull
                                mailto:barlennan@...
                              • Alec Burgess
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
                                  Most (US?) desktop keyboards have a context menu key (between right-ALT
                                  key and right-CTL key) which is equivalent to Shift+F10. If you
                                  normally/always use a laptop you might not know about it ;-) .

                                  On 2011-01-18 16:28, Robert Bull wrote:
                                  > Hello, loro;
                                  >
                                  > Monday, January 17, 2011, 11:58:49 PM, you wrote:
                                  >
                                  > l> SHIFT+F10 is a standard Windows keyboard shortcut. Works anywhere.
                                  >
                                  > I knew about plain F10. Didn't know Shift+F10 was standard, despite
                                  > using it in Total Commander<sigh> Oh, well, something I've learnt,
                                  > thanks!
                                • Alec Burgess
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 18, 2011
                                    > Robert Bull: > Thanks - and I've found a possible oddity. If I use
                                    > Shift-F10 as
                                    > > mentioned by loro, I get a menu with accelerator keys. If I
                                    > > right-click on a clip, the same menu appears - but *without*
                                    > > accelerator keys. Maybe the logic is that if you've clicked, you're
                                    > > going to keep using the mouse. I'd have expected accelerator keys for
                                    > > both, though.
                                    Found by Googling: [accelerator keys underline visible]
                                    > Right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Effects/Hide underlined
                                    > letters....
                                    but I already knew it existed, just could not remember how to set/unset
                                    it. I'm using WinXP SP3 and (I think) the default is "hide underlines"
                                    until ALT key is pressed.

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jan 19, 2011
                                      Hello, Alec;

                                      AB> Found by Googling: [accelerator keys underline visible]
                                      >> Right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Effects/Hide underlined
                                      >> letters....
                                      AB> but I already knew it existed, just could not remember how to set/unset
                                      AB> it. I'm using WinXP SP3 and (I think) the default is "hide underlines"
                                      AB> until ALT key is pressed.

                                      I'm using Vista Home Premium, so it looks like the default is the
                                      same.

                                      Robert Bull
                                      mailto:barlennan@...
                                    • Robert Bull
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jan 19, 2011
                                        Hello, Alec;

                                        AB> Most (US?) desktop keyboards have a context menu key (between right-ALT
                                        AB> key and right-CTL key) which is equivalent to Shift+F10. If you
                                        AB> normally/always use a laptop you might not know about it ;-) .

                                        Using a UK laptop and DO have that key :) And had forgotten about it
                                        :( It's supposed to look like a menu. I always think it looks like
                                        an old-fashioned petrol pump...

                                        Robert Bull
                                        mailto:barlennan@...