Re: Starting Over - RE-File Mp3s

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2011
      Here is a clip that may do it for you.

      I cannot test this on my dev system, so you may have to debug it yourself:

      H="Copy 'artist - title.mp3' to folder 'artist'"
      ;browse to Input and output folders
      ;long line
      ^!Set %source%=^?{(T=D)browse to parent of SOURCE folders}; %destination%=^?{(T=D)browse to desired parent of DESTINATION folders}
      ;end long line
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^%nl%
      ^!SetArray %files%=^$GetFiles(+^%source%;*.mp3)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter -
      ^!Set %i%=^%files0%
      :LOOP
      ^!Inc %i%
      ;get next source file
      ^!SetArray %split%=^$GetName(^%files^%i%%)$
      ;MOVE the file directly to 'artist\filename'
      ;^!MoveFile "^%files^%i%%" "^%destination%^%split1%\^%split%.mp3"
      ;but perhaps you want to first try to just COPY some test files
      ^!CopyFile "^%files^%i%%" "^%destination%^%split1%\^%split%.mp3"
      ^!If ^%i%>0 LOOP

      Cheers,

      Eb