[Clip] Corrupted Clips

  • steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
      Thanks Jody,Eb for your help on arrays.

      It took me awhile but i got my arrays working the way i want.

      Another question

      I having a problem with my clips getting "corupted".

      Characters are being replaced with "little boxes". I think they're
      binary
      characters if i'm not mistaken. There is is no ryme or reason as to
      which characters
      are being replaced. Sometimes its a letter,space, or a carrage return
      but usually its
      a space. I'll have clips that work fine one day and the next they don't
      work, when i look
      at them there will be characters replaced with those "little boxes".

      Has anyone had this happen to them?
      DOes anyone know why this would be happening?

      I do have virus software.

      Thanks
      Steve
    • Charles M. Raine
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
        At 01:46 PM 12/2/1999 -0800, you wrote:
        >Has anyone had this happen to them?
        >DOes anyone know why this would be happening?
        >
        >I do have virus software.

        Have you run SCANDISK Lately? Do a basic scan first and then do a thorough
        scan next. That usually solves those kinds of problems for me...

        Charlie.

        Charles M. Raine Home Page: http://www.escape.ca/~rainec
        Phone (204) 895-0940 ICQ # 300058
        Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
          Hi Steve,

          > It took me awhile but i got my arrays working the way i want.

          Glad to hear it!

          > I having a problem with my clips getting "corupted".
          >
          > Characters are being replaced with "little boxes".

          Check to see what format you are saving in. Perhaps that could
          be the problem. I'd do the scandisk as well like Charlie
          mentioned.

          Look in Options under the Document menu for Save and also right
          click over the Clip Editor tab.

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
            Hi steve,

            > My option for save format is grayed out when I right click over
            > the editor tab?????

            That is my error. It would make sense that Eric forces the save
            to Dos/Windows and not allow us to mess it up. ;) It wouls also
            make sense if the same held true with the global option, but I
            have never tested it to see if it is so or if there might be a
            bug that allows clips to be saved by a different format. If you
            were set to original though and made the Clips yourself, then
            Save format is not the problem.

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Clip List...
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          • steve
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 1999
              >Have you run SCANDISK Lately?

              I did a scandisk,nothing, I didn't even have any lost clusters.

              > Check to see what format you are saving in

              They were being saved as the original, i changed it to DOS/Windows see if
              that does anything.

              > Look in Options under the Document menu for Save and also right
              > click over the Clip Editor tab.

              My option for save format is grayed out when I right click over the editor
              tab?????

              Steve
            • Eric G.V. Fookes
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 1999
                Hi Steve,

                > > Check to see what format you are saving in
                >
                >They were being saved as the original, i changed it to DOS/Windows see if
                >that does anything.
                > >
                > > Look in Options under the Document menu for Save and also right
                > > click over the Clip Editor tab.
                >
                >My option for save format is grayed out when I right click over the editor
                >tab?????

                Actually, Outlines and the Clipbook Editor always save in the DOS/Windows
                format, no matter what setting you use for the option.

                Regards,
                Eric Fookes
                -----------
                NoteTab v4.6a available from
              • Len
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 1999
                  Hi Steve, All;

                  I've had a similar problem that occurs about once a month.
                  A clip that has previously worked OK will cause an error.
                  Investigation has revealed a failing instruction but no
                  indication of a bad character.
                  Retyping the instruction does not solve the problem but deleting
                  the line and replacing the instruction does fix the problem.

                  To me this is just a minor eccentricity of NoteTab/Win95/whatever.

                  Wish I had an explanation, Len

                  At 01:46 PM 12/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
                  >I having a problem with my clips getting "corupted".
                  >
                  >Characters are being replaced with "little boxes". I think they're
                  binary characters if i'm not mistaken. There is is no ryme or reason as to
                  which characters are being replaced. Sometimes its a letter,space, or a carrage return but usually its a space. I'll have clips that work fine one day and the next they don't work, when i look at them there will be characters replaced with those "little boxes".

                  Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
                  Avionics Systems Engineer
                  E-Mail: Len <NoteTabA@...>