Re: [Clip] Bright green document tab

  • Don
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
      On 1/9/2011 12:29 AM, hsavage wrote:
      > graham.lawrence wrote:
      > > The tab of the document I was working on turned bright green.
      > What causes this, and what does it mean?

      For me it always means clipboard which is shift + control + P to toggle
      and also visible under document use as pasteboard from the menu
    • graham lawrence
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
        Many thanks, I guess it was the Pasteboard feature.  I've been using NoteTab for 12 years and never used it.  All this time I've been Alt-tabbing Ctrl-veeing and Alt-tabbing and didn't need to.  Really nice feature.

        Graham Lawrence

      • Jan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
          I use it all the time for data collection from any source. Anything I've copied over several weeks will be there (NoteTab running in the tray). Never lose a email-address or pasword 'cause it will be in my pasteboard-file once I copied it.

          J.

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, graham lawrence <graham.lawrence@...> wrote:

          > Many thanks, I guess it was the Pasteboard feature.  I've been using NoteTab for 12 years and never used it.  All this time I've been Alt-tabbing Ctrl-veeing and Alt-tabbing and didn't need to.  Really nice feature.
          >
          > Graham Lawrence

        • Don
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
            In fact it is wonderful! I use it all the time to collect stuff. For
            those who have never used it, trigger a new or existing document as
            pasteboard. Go wherever you need to go and every time the clipboard
            changes it captures the content of the clipboard to the document -- one
            aside however, the clipboard must change so if you are copying a series
            of items some of which are duplicates back to back, it won't capture the
            back to back items because it is treated as the same content and thus no
            change to the clipboard.

            You can also change the delimiter between the pasteboard captured items.

            On 1/9/2011 11:20 AM, graham lawrence wrote:
            > Many thanks, I guess it was the Pasteboard feature. I've been using NoteTab for 12 years and never used it. All this time I've been Alt-tabbing Ctrl-veeing and Alt-tabbing and didn't need to. Really nice feature.
            >
            > Graham Lawrence
          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 18, 2011
              I just encountered a green tab, and I had no idea how it was triggered or why it was green. In fact, it was the 'Clip'
              tab, which is the tab that contains all my clips that are in edit mode. I discovered that whichever clip was active last
              was collecting copied items from regular documents! That is, I was getting unformatted text into my clip library because
              NT (or I) somehow got the clip library into garbage collection mode.

              I fixed it by deleting the extraneous text that I found from my clip library, then closing and reopening the clip
              library. But I have no idea how it got in Pasteboard mode. I found the function on the Documents menu, if it happens
              again. I'm glad it turns green, though, because next time I will know not to copy anything until I clear it. I'm still
              not sure how much extraneous text is somewhere in my clip library, only to show up when least expected.

              I don't think it should work on the active clip library, just as you can't run a clip on the active library. My clip
              library is over 800K, and bits and pieces of randomly copied text are most unwelcome! (Fortunately, the pasted bits are
              always at the bottom, so it's a matter of opening each clip and scrolling to the bottom to see what may have been
              collected.)

              I can only surmise that our teenage kittens may have walked on the keyboard while I was away from my computer, since
              Ctrl-Shift are together at one end of the keyboard, and P is at the other, just about the length of our kittens. :-)

              Recipe formatting tools:
              <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/> http://recipetools.gotdns.com
              Beaverton WeatherCam:
              <http://shotsky.gotdns.com/> http://shotsky.gotdns.com

              In fact it is wonderful! I use it all the time to collect stuff. For
              those who have never used it, trigger a new or existing document as
              pasteboard. Go wherever you need to go and every time the clipboard
              changes it captures the content of the clipboard to the document -- one
              aside however, the clipboard must change so if you are copying a series
              of items some of which are duplicates back to back, it won't capture the
              back to back items because it is treated as the same content and thus no
              change to the clipboard.

              You can also change the delimiter between the pasteboard captured items.

              On 1/9/2011 11:20 AM, graham lawrence wrote:
              > Many thanks, I guess it was the Pasteboard feature. I've been using NoteTab for 12 years and never used it. All this
              time I've been Alt-tabbing Ctrl-veeing and Alt-tabbing and didn't need to. Really nice feature.

              > Graham Lawrence

            • Art Kocsis
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 18, 2011
                Too much! Helpful little buggers aren't they? Be glad your kittens didn't
                park on the delete key!

                Smiling from too much familiarity, Art

                At 01/18/2011 09:01, you wrote:
                >I just encountered a green tab, and I had no idea how it was triggered or
                >why it was green. In fact, it was the 'Clip'
                >tab, which is the tab that contains all my clips that are in edit mode. I
                >discovered that whichever clip was active last
                >was collecting copied items from regular documents! That is, I was getting
                >unformatted text into my clip library because NT (or I) somehow got the
                >clip library into garbage collection mode.
                ><snip>
                >I can only surmise that our teenage kittens may have walked on the
                >keyboard while I was away from my computer, since
                >Ctrl-Shift are together at one end of the keyboard, and P is at the other,
                >just about the length of our kittens. :-)
              • Dave
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 18, 2011
                  Hi
                  were the kittens trained or not??
                  THANKYOU DAVE M

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 18, 2011
                    They don't know regular expressions, no. But they do know how to walk on and sit on keyboards. They love watching the
                    cursor.