Re: [Clip] Bright green document tab

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
      graham.lawrence wrote:
      > The tab of the document I was working on turned bright green.
      What causes this, and what does it mean?

      Graham,

      There are several reasons 'tabs' and other parts of NoteTab may
      change colors. All of them are in the 'View > Options > menues.
      They are available under tabs, 'Tab Bar', 'Quick List', 'Outline' and
      'ClipBar.

      A tab may change colors depending whether it's an Outline, a
      Template, a text file undergoing editing or being used as a
      PasteBoard. All the possibilities are under the View > Options menu.

      ºvº SL_day# 008 - created 2011.01.08_23.19.09

      *DON'T LOSE YOUR HEAD*
      • *TO GAIN A MINUTE*
      • *YOU NEED YOUR HEAD*
      • *YOUR BRAINS ARE IN IT*
      • *BurmaShave*

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com^~
    • Don
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 8, 2011
        On 1/9/2011 12:29 AM, hsavage wrote:
        > graham.lawrence wrote:
        > > The tab of the document I was working on turned bright green.
        > What causes this, and what does it mean?

        For me it always means clipboard which is shift + control + P to toggle
        and also visible under document use as pasteboard from the menu
      • graham lawrence
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
          Many thanks, I guess it was the Pasteboard feature.  I've been using NoteTab for 12 years and never used it.  All this time I've been Alt-tabbing Ctrl-veeing and Alt-tabbing and didn't need to.  Really nice feature.

          Graham Lawrence

        • Jan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
            I use it all the time for data collection from any source. Anything I've copied over several weeks will be there (NoteTab running in the tray). Never lose a email-address or pasword 'cause it will be in my pasteboard-file once I copied it.

            J.

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, graham lawrence <graham.lawrence@...> wrote:

            > Many thanks, I guess it was the Pasteboard feature.  I've been using NoteTab for 12 years and never used it.  All this time I've been Alt-tabbing Ctrl-veeing and Alt-tabbing and didn't need to.  Really nice feature.
            >
            > Graham Lawrence

          • Don
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 9, 2011
              In fact it is wonderful! I use it all the time to collect stuff. For
              those who have never used it, trigger a new or existing document as
              pasteboard. Go wherever you need to go and every time the clipboard
              changes it captures the content of the clipboard to the document -- one
              aside however, the clipboard must change so if you are copying a series
              of items some of which are duplicates back to back, it won't capture the
              back to back items because it is treated as the same content and thus no
              change to the clipboard.

              You can also change the delimiter between the pasteboard captured items.

              On 1/9/2011 11:20 AM, graham lawrence wrote:
              > Many thanks, I guess it was the Pasteboard feature. I've been using NoteTab for 12 years and never used it. All this time I've been Alt-tabbing Ctrl-veeing and Alt-tabbing and didn't need to. Really nice feature.
              >
              > Graham Lawrence
            • John Shotsky
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 18, 2011
                I just encountered a green tab, and I had no idea how it was triggered or why it was green. In fact, it was the 'Clip'
                tab, which is the tab that contains all my clips that are in edit mode. I discovered that whichever clip was active last
                was collecting copied items from regular documents! That is, I was getting unformatted text into my clip library because
                NT (or I) somehow got the clip library into garbage collection mode.

                I fixed it by deleting the extraneous text that I found from my clip library, then closing and reopening the clip
                library. But I have no idea how it got in Pasteboard mode. I found the function on the Documents menu, if it happens
                again. I'm glad it turns green, though, because next time I will know not to copy anything until I clear it. I'm still
                not sure how much extraneous text is somewhere in my clip library, only to show up when least expected.

                I don't think it should work on the active clip library, just as you can't run a clip on the active library. My clip
                library is over 800K, and bits and pieces of randomly copied text are most unwelcome! (Fortunately, the pasted bits are
                always at the bottom, so it's a matter of opening each clip and scrolling to the bottom to see what may have been
                collected.)

                I can only surmise that our teenage kittens may have walked on the keyboard while I was away from my computer, since
                Ctrl-Shift are together at one end of the keyboard, and P is at the other, just about the length of our kittens. :-)

                Recipe formatting tools:
                <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/> http://recipetools.gotdns.com
                Beaverton WeatherCam:
                <http://shotsky.gotdns.com/> http://shotsky.gotdns.com

                In fact it is wonderful! I use it all the time to collect stuff. For
                those who have never used it, trigger a new or existing document as
                pasteboard. Go wherever you need to go and every time the clipboard
                changes it captures the content of the clipboard to the document -- one
                aside however, the clipboard must change so if you are copying a series
                of items some of which are duplicates back to back, it won't capture the
                back to back items because it is treated as the same content and thus no
                change to the clipboard.

                You can also change the delimiter between the pasteboard captured items.

                On 1/9/2011 11:20 AM, graham lawrence wrote:
                > Many thanks, I guess it was the Pasteboard feature. I've been using NoteTab for 12 years and never used it. All this
                time I've been Alt-tabbing Ctrl-veeing and Alt-tabbing and didn't need to. Really nice feature.

                > Graham Lawrence

              • Art Kocsis
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 18, 2011
                  Too much! Helpful little buggers aren't they? Be glad your kittens didn't
                  park on the delete key!

                  Smiling from too much familiarity, Art

                  At 01/18/2011 09:01, you wrote:
                  >I just encountered a green tab, and I had no idea how it was triggered or
                  >why it was green. In fact, it was the 'Clip'
                  >tab, which is the tab that contains all my clips that are in edit mode. I
                  >discovered that whichever clip was active last
                  >was collecting copied items from regular documents! That is, I was getting
                  >unformatted text into my clip library because NT (or I) somehow got the
                  >clip library into garbage collection mode.
                  ><snip>
                  >I can only surmise that our teenage kittens may have walked on the
                  >keyboard while I was away from my computer, since
                  >Ctrl-Shift are together at one end of the keyboard, and P is at the other,
                  >just about the length of our kittens. :-)
                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 18, 2011
                    Hi
                    were the kittens trained or not??
                    THANKYOU DAVE M

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 18, 2011
                      They don't know regular expressions, no. But they do know how to walk on and sit on keyboards. They love watching the
                      cursor.