Re: [Clip] Basic file management question

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2011
      the first document open is going to be index=1 increment a variable the last
      doc will be say index=10
      when the clip runs it may go back to doc 5 , the incremented index variable
      will 10+1 ,so clip finishes it set the doc index to 11 ,the doc 5 becomes
      num. 11
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2011
        Thanks, that is indeed more efficient than mine, and uses no toolbar commands, which I shun. I changed it to save the
        document even if it isn't already saved, because usually, I'm running on an unsaved document.
        ^!Save As ^$GetDocName$
        ^!Set %file%=^$GetDocName$
        ^!Close
        ^!Open "^%file%"

        Recipe formatting tools:
        <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/> http://recipetools.gotdns.com
        Beaverton WeatherCam:
        <http://shotsky.gotdns.com/> http://shotsky.gotdns.com

        >This seems like a simple thing to do, but I don't see a simply way to do it.
        >
        >When there are a number of files open, and I want to run a clip
        >library on a given file, I'd like the tab for that file
        >to move all the way to the right, so that the result, in a new file,
        >is next to it.

        Is it OK to save the document if it's in an unsaved state?

        My most used clip...

        H="MoveDocFirst"
        ^!Save
        ^!Set %file%=^$GetDocName$
        ^!Close
        ^!Open "^%file%"

        Lotta

      • loro
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2011
          John Shotsky wrote:
          >Thanks, that is indeed more efficient than mine, and uses no toolbar
          >commands, which I shun. I changed it to save the
          >document even if it isn't already saved, because usually, I'm
          >running on an unsaved document.
          >^!Save As ^$GetDocName$
          >^!Set %file%=^$GetDocName$
          >^!Close
          >^!Open "^%file%"

          Now I get it! I didn't understand what difference that would make.
          All of a sudden it dawned on me. I have Save Files on Close checked.
          It's been so long I had forgotten that is a user setting.

          Lotta