Re: [Clip] Basic file management question

  • loro
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8 12:03 AM
      John wrote:
      >This seems like a simple thing to do, but I don't see a simply way to do it.
      >
      >When there are a number of files open, and I want to run a clip
      >library on a given file, I'd like the tab for that file
      >to move all the way to the right, so that the result, in a new file,
      >is next to it.

      Is it OK to save the document if it's in an unsaved state?

      My most used clip...

      H="MoveDocFirst"
      ^!Save
      ^!Set %file%=^$GetDocName$
      ^!Close
      ^!Open "^%file%"

      Lotta
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8 4:09 AM
        the first document open is going to be index=1 increment a variable the last
        doc will be say index=10
        when the clip runs it may go back to doc 5 , the incremented index variable
        will 10+1 ,so clip finishes it set the doc index to 11 ,the doc 5 becomes
        num. 11
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8 5:56 AM
          Thanks, that is indeed more efficient than mine, and uses no toolbar commands, which I shun. I changed it to save the
          document even if it isn't already saved, because usually, I'm running on an unsaved document.
          ^!Save As ^$GetDocName$
          ^!Set %file%=^$GetDocName$
          ^!Close
          ^!Open "^%file%"

          Recipe formatting tools:
          <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/> http://recipetools.gotdns.com
          Beaverton WeatherCam:
          <http://shotsky.gotdns.com/> http://shotsky.gotdns.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15 2:32 PM
            John Shotsky wrote:
            >Thanks, that is indeed more efficient than mine, and uses no toolbar
            >commands, which I shun. I changed it to save the
            >document even if it isn't already saved, because usually, I'm
            >running on an unsaved document.
            >^!Save As ^$GetDocName$
            >^!Set %file%=^$GetDocName$
            >^!Close
            >^!Open "^%file%"

            Now I get it! I didn't understand what difference that would make.
            All of a sudden it dawned on me. I have Save Files on Close checked.
            It's been so long I had forgotten that is a user setting.

            Lotta