[Clip] Re: Finding help for an optimal use of NoteTabPro

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2011
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Forkin" <pm4kin@...> wrote:

      > Good morning, Flo!
      >
      > Following your steps as I have understood them, I arrive at a
      > point where I have
      > 1. A stored MYDIC.txt file.
      > 2. An open but not stored document with the suggested text to
      > be translated.
      > 3. A second opened document, unstored, with the script.
      >
      > Please do not think that I am stupid, when I ask where do I go from there.
      >
      > When I have done that with your help then I can respond, more intelligently.
      >
      > Regards, Patrick.

      Patrick,

      Regarding...

      #1: Please note that MYDIC.TXT must be stored in the default directory ...\Documents.

      #3: You have to store that script (or "clip" in NT-terminology) in a clipbook. For an efficient use of NT you will have to become acquainted with clips anyway. For further details, please have a look at "Help | How to... | Create Clipbook Libraries".

      BTW: Of course, my "engine" wasn't meant for complete translations. It was derived from further developed clips I use for indexing text databases (creating descriptors, thesaurus, stop-words, standardizing terminology etc). Certainly, it could be used for tagging words.

      In my view, the advantage over solutions based on user dictionaries and autoreplace is:

      1. you have a better control of the vocabulary since it is stored in a normal TXT file.

      2. You can use Regular Expressions which offer an approach to dealing with flexion forms, synonyms etc (and even word tagging).

      Regards,
      Flo

      ...with greetings to you from Oberbayern (Upper Bavaria)