[Clip] A little clip writing warning

  • Claes Gauffin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
      Hi all,

      This is probably nothing new for you who have been at it since primeval
      times, but I had some hair-tearing and face-pulling when this happened
      within a fairly large clip.

      So, all of you who are new to clip writing, a little quiz: What's with the
      enclosed clip?
      Want a tip? Beware of those innocent-looking spaces!

      Regards /Claes

      ^!set %a%=^?[give me a number]
      ^!set %b%=^%a%
      ^!inc %a%
      ^!Info ^%b% + 1 = ^%a% Ooops!
    • djust@bigfoot.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
        I haven't tried your clip, but the business with whitespace is indeed an
        old story. A timesaver: if you start getting incomprehensible error
        message from a clip, or it otherwise starts to go crazy, the first thing to
        do is just to switch on View|Non-printing text and run your eyes over
        it. You'll usually see the problem right away.

        Thanks,
        David.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
          Hi David and Others,

          > I haven't tried your clip, but the business with whitespace is
          > indeed an old story.

          Another thing to do is check your option to Trim White Spaces
          which will remove the spaces at the end of all lines having a
          hard break at the end when Save is used. You need to remember
          to use ^%Space% on your ends though if you you really want a
          space there (and when sending Clips elsewhere for those that
          have it turned on if you do not).

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Clip List...
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        • Manuel
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
            Hi, friends¬°.

            Another question?

            How can I create a clip that do:
            convert decimal number to hexadecimal number.

            Example, I would like
            decimal 110 to hexadecimal give me 9A
            or
            hexadecimal 9A give me 110 (his numer in decimal)

            Thanks ¬° and happ clipday :)
            --
            Manuel, from Spain
            manumail@...