Re: [Clip] Bug in version 6.2

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2010
      On 12/17/2010 2:14 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
      > Being of the "never touch a running system" persuasion I have only just
      > updated to version 6.2 from 5.8. Right in my first use I've hit on a
      > nasty bug. As I usually come round to edit date related stuff a few days
      > later, I like using the date functions like this:
      >
      > ^!InsertText ^$GetDate(yyyy;-10)$
      >
      > In 5.8 this would have yielded 2010 until January 11th of 2011. In 6.2 I
      > get a literal
      >
      > 2010;-10
      >
      > which, of course, creates all kinds of issues. Changes and help give no
      > hint this might be intentional, so it seems to be a bug.
      >
      > Axel
      I confirm the non-conforming result. A one line work-around would be
      (and may be this has already been noted)
      ^!InsertText ^$GetDateFromInt(^$Calc(^$GetDateToInt$-10)$;yyyy)$
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2010
        Don Daugherty wrote:
        > A one line work-around would be

        Thanks. In the circumstance I've simply reduced it to ^$GetDate(yyyy)$
        which serves most purposes. The real issue here is that I have a lot of
        proven clips that may run on sometimes very big files. If unexpected and
        hidden bugs turn up unexpectedly, this may lead to all kinds of issues
        in unforeseeable places. I had hoped that by waiting till now those
        glitches might have been ironed out.