Re: [Clip] A curly NT maths question

  • loro
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 16, 2010
      Paul wrote:
      >I get x > y and a FAIL for y > x.
      >Clearly x is not greater than y
      >because x = -3 and y = -2.

      I get it the other way around.
      1st test => FAIL
      2nd test => y > x

      OK, lets compare versions. I've tried Notetab Pro 6.1 and 4.8
      throughout this. I see 6.2 is out. Is that what you use? Could it be
      the bug has gotten worse? Eek!

      Lotta
    • Paul
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 18, 2010
        lotta wrote:
        > Not really. Should one also assume it's natural and expected for
        > this to change without notice between two minor versions of the
        > program, away from how it probably has been since comparison
        > operators were introduced? Don't think so.

        I agree, Lotta.

        > Paul wrote:
        > >Axel Berger wrote:
        > > > One ought not to have to, but it helps not to assume too much.
        > >
        > >Fair call!

        With regard to a scripting language with a math engine as an add-on, it's fair enough to not assume things work the way they do in other languages.

        <Ahem> BUG!!

        Bug: It's like a mozzie bite between the shoulder blades: it itches like fire but do you think you can get near it to scratch it?

        Again, "Hello Software Support???" Send a back-scratcher pronto!

        Paul