Re: clip for 'find and copy' or 'find and replace everything but'

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "j.ben54" <sjh4200@...> wrote:

      > I want to find and identify and then rip all the eamils into a text file.

      Copy the paragraph below, then right-click in the NoteTab's clipbook (left pane) and choose "Add from Clipboard." Executing the clip will collect common email addresses from your current document and paste them in a new one. If you'd rather have the results separated by commas than newlines, replace ^p list delimiter with a comma.

      H="Slurp emails"
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
      ^!SetClipboard ^$GetDocMatchAll(\b[\w.%+-]+@[\w.-]+\.\w{2,4}\b)$
      ^!Toolbar Paste New

      - - -
      In your original pattern A-Z signifies the full range of uppercase characters. Adding a-z (lowercase range) could be one of many available solutions; another one, as in the above clip, utilizes the metacharacter \w which covers a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and the underscore.

      > oh and I need a chocolate milkshake, burger and fries $)

      "The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast."
    • j.ben54
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
        Thank you didiodeom that is just lovely, really lovely!
      • diodeom
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "j.ben54" <sjh4200@...> wrote:

          > Thank you didiodeom that is just lovely, really lovely!

          My pleasure, but speaking of lovely, you got your passport from Lotta. :)