clip for 'find and copy' or 'find and replace everything but'

  • j.ben54
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2010
      hey guys,

      re note tab lite (do I need the real thing)

      I am using this regular expression string that identifies all the email addresses. It needs to have case sensitive tutned OFF or case insensitive turned ON to make it work.

      \b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b

      here is author link...

      http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html

      I got it to work in the text editor note tab lite but could only find and replace,

      I want to find and identify and then rip all the eamils into a text file.

      Lotta suggested I ask for a clip for 'find and copy' or 'find and replace everything but' but I will also need instructions on how to set a clip etc

      oh and I need a chocolate milkshake, burger and fries $)
    • diodeom
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "j.ben54" <sjh4200@...> wrote:

        > I want to find and identify and then rip all the eamils into a text file.

        Copy the paragraph below, then right-click in the NoteTab's clipbook (left pane) and choose "Add from Clipboard." Executing the clip will collect common email addresses from your current document and paste them in a new one. If you'd rather have the results separated by commas than newlines, replace ^p list delimiter with a comma.

        H="Slurp emails"
        ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
        ^!SetClipboard ^$GetDocMatchAll(\b[\w.%+-]+@[\w.-]+\.\w{2,4}\b)$
        ^!Toolbar Paste New

        - - -
        In your original pattern A-Z signifies the full range of uppercase characters. Adding a-z (lowercase range) could be one of many available solutions; another one, as in the above clip, utilizes the metacharacter \w which covers a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and the underscore.

        > oh and I need a chocolate milkshake, burger and fries $)

        "The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast."
      • j.ben54
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
          Thank you didiodeom that is just lovely, really lovely!
        • diodeom
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "j.ben54" <sjh4200@...> wrote:

            > Thank you didiodeom that is just lovely, really lovely!

            My pleasure, but speaking of lovely, you got your passport from Lotta. :)