[Clip] How long should a clip be

  • Eric Richards
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 1999
      There is probably no right answer to this but my clip is currently 350
      lines. It's kind of long by most clip standards and getting longer. I
      have another section to write and my guestimates will be that the final
      version will be around 500 or so lines. I know I'm not programming
      very efficiently but it's working. Any thoughts.

      P.S. If someone wants to take on the task of making my code a little
      lighter, let me know. It's a clip that analyzes an html document for
      word count, frequency and weight in each of the various tags (title,
      description, keywords, body, comment, etc). Very handy for Search
      Engine Positioning.
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
        "eric richards" wrote: original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips/?start=2120
        > It's a clip that analyzes an html document for > word count, frequency and weight in each of the various tags (title, > description, keywords, body, comment, etc). Very handy for Search > Engine Positioning.
        Eric , I don't think I can help with the coding at all, but I'd be real interested in trying out your clip on my html doc's! Anything that helps me analyze stuff for search engines I'm interested in. Thanks, doc Ps: you could email it to me if you'd care too. mailto:h1ppy@...
      • Doc
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
          eric richards" wrote:
          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips/?start=2120
          > It's a clip that analyzes an html document for
          > word count, frequency and weight in each of the various tags (title,
          > description, keywords, body, comment, etc). Very handy for Search
          > Engine Positioning.

          Eric ,
          I don't think I can help with the coding at all, but I'd be real
          interested in trying out your clip on my html doc's! Anything that
          helps me analyze stuff for search engines I'm interested in.
          Thanks,
          doc
          Ps: you could email it to me if you'd care too.
          mailto:h1ppy@...

          -------don't know why the first posted so weird, oh yeah, had html
          selected, hope you can read this easier Eric.... Sorry for double post
          Jody, I'm havin a baddddd day.
          doc