[Clip] Is there a way to clear a selection

  • Eric Richards
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 1999
      OK, everytime I run my clip, if something is highlighted it will
      automatically place the highlighted information in my prompt text box.
      Was wondering if there was a way I could tell the clip to unhighlight
      any thing that is highlighted before displaying the prompt. I could
      just have the clip reload the document, but that's kind of dangerous.
      You may want to modify the document prior to running the clip and
      therefore lose all your changes if I reload the document. thanks.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 1999
        Hi Eric,

        > Was wondering if there was a way I could tell the clip to
        > unhighlight any thing that is highlighted before displaying the
        > prompt.

        Any of the ^!Jump commands will do it. Try something like:

        ^!Jump Select_End

        See Help on ^!Jump.

        Somebody just finished a Clip like you are doing a couple months
        ago I thought or is that you still working on it. Perhaps if it
        was somebode else they can tell you how to get it so you can take
        a look at it. I relize you are doing your own and even if longer
        etc. you want to continue with yours. I am just now getting to
        the point where if I see a better method posted and I am in the
        middle of one that I'll trash mine and grab the completed one. I
        use to fight to the finish on my own.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Eric Richards
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 1999
          > Any of the ^!Jump commands will do it. Try something like:
          >
          > ^!Jump Select_End
          >
          > See Help on ^!Jump.
          >
          > Somebody just finished a Clip like you are doing a couple months
          > ago I thought or is that you still working on it. Perhaps if it
          > was somebode else they can tell you how to get it so you can take
          > a look at it. I relize you are doing your own and even if longer
          > etc. you want to continue with yours. I am just now getting to
          > the point where if I see a better method posted and I am in the
          > middle of one that I'll trash mine and grab the completed one. I
          > use to fight to the finish on my own.

          That was most likely me. I started a new clip with the similar
          functionality which is much more robust. Unfortunately, I haven't
          quiet figured out how to do loops very well with the clip language.
          Consequently, I'm using goto's (not good codeing) all over the place.
          It's working but it's getting very long. I have several sections that
          are just repeats of another section since I can't get loops to work for
          me. Once I get it working maybe I will have time to redo the whole
          thing correctly. Who knows!!!! I'll try the Jump thing tonight.
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 1999
            Hi Eric

            > Unfortunately, I haven't quiet figured out how to do loops very
            > well with the clip language.

            Loops are quite simple. It is what goes in the loop that can
            become complicated. Getting out of them can be a bit tricky at
            times.

            :LabelName
            ^!Info Hi!-)^p^p(Ctrl+Alt to quit)
            ^!Goto LabelName

            Another way of looping is:

            ^!Jump 1
            :Looking4Row10
            ^!Jump +1
            ^!If ^$GetRow$ = 10 End else Looking4Row10

            or

            ^!Jump 1
            ^!Jump +1
            ^!If ^$GetRow$ = 10 End else Skip_-1

            > I have several sections that are just repeats of another
            > section since I can't get loops to work for me.

            If you continually need to use the same code or text you can put
            it in another Clip and call the Clip when you need it in the main
            script:

            ^!Clip "ClipName"
            Repeated stuff here - Do *not* tell it to go back the the Clip it
            came from else you will loop. NoteTab knows its way back. :)

            c ya,
            jody

            I can only please one person a day.
            Today is obviously not your day.