[Clip] Re: Searching variables with regex?

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 7, 2010
      I believe so, and timed it too. It has a similar (I'd like to say: probabilistically identical) variance and it's much faster, as one would expect, than RND. It might come handy within its (rather narrow) scope of alternatives.

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

      > So have you tested it with your distribution counter?
      >
      > <g>
      >
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I wrote:
      > > >
      > > > ^!Set %n%=^$Calc(INT(RND(^%ar0%)+1))$
      > > >

      > > For numbers of alternatives (array elements in %ar%) kept under double digits, this seems pleasingly simple:
      > >
      > > ^!Set %n%=^$StrRandom(1;1..^%ar0%)$

    • Paul
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 11, 2010
        See? There's always someone ready to apply the rules even when I thought I was doing something harmless?!! <ahem> sry 'bout that.. point taken. will visit over there.....