Help

  • Peter G Henry
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 15, 2010
      ?Hi

      Please forgive an old very old gentleman who has just 8 brain cells left 7 are for normal life 8 keeps dimming when confronted with thinking.

      Could someone explain How to get the %ArrayYears% numbers, in Dave M's clip that creates Calendar outline.

      ;// Name of [FirstDay of the year + LengthFebruary] 2000 -> 2005
      ;// nDD n=1->Su; n=2->Mo;... -> %ArrayDaysEngS%
      ;// nDD DD = Length of February
      ^!SetArray %ArrayYears%=729;228;328;428;529;728

      It has completely puzzled me. Hope group does not mind me posting this.

      kindest regards

      Peter

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 16, 2010
        On 9/15/2010 9:46 PM, Peter G Henry wrote:
        > ?Hi
        >
        > Please forgive an old very old gentleman who has just 8 brain cells left 7 are for normal life 8 keeps dimming when confronted with thinking.
        >
        > Could someone explain How to get the %ArrayYears% numbers, in Dave M's clip that creates Calendar outline.
        >

        > ;// Name of [FirstDay of the year + LengthFebruary] 2000 -> 2005
        > ;// nDD n=1->Su; n=2->Mo;... -> %ArrayDaysEngS%
        > ;// nDD DD = Length of February
        > ^!SetArray %ArrayYears%=729;228;328;428;529;728
        >
        > It has completely puzzled me. Hope group does not mind me posting this.
        >
        > kindest regards
        >
        > Peter

        I haven't run the clip, but glad to try :)

        Based on your quotation, it looks to me like there are six entries to
        represent the years 2000 through 2005.

        The high order number in each of the entries is the day of the week of
        the first day of that year where Sunday is 1 and Saturday is 7. So in
        the year 2000, the first day of the year must have been a Saturday.
        Looked it up and confirmed.

        The rest of the entry is the number of days in February for that year.
        The year 2000 was a leap year, there were 29 days in February. Hence the
        first entry in %ArrayYears% is 729.

        Guess you need to refer to a calendar for the info needed to specify a
        given year. The year 2010 would be 628.