RE: [Clip] Re: Feature Request - remembering last edited line in clips

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2010
      Thanks for the ideas. I already do things like that, but the problem is that my clips run sequential
      to each other, and sometimes I need to switch back and forth between two or three clips to find
      where the problem is. The moment you switch, you lose your place and have to scroll to find it. In
      a multi-hundred line clip, that scrolling is tough, because it is so easy to go past the point of
      interest. If it's just one clip I'm working on I edit it, run it, then return to it, and the cursor
      is sitting right where I left it. But if I click off to a different clip, and back to the one I've
      been working on, the edit point is lost. That's why the wish for a feature to be added.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
        John,

        You could save the cursor position to an INI file variable as long as you keep track of the clipname and library name in your head (it's ok to write them down too <g>.

        Something like:

        1. Done editing the current clip, before changing focus, run a CB clip (of your own making) with:

        ^!SaveValue LastEdit:Cursor=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$

        2. When you return focus to the target clip, run another CB clip with:

        ^!SetCursor ^$GetValue(LestEdit:Cursor)$

        This should work fine for tracking one clip.
        To track several clips gets complicated.

        A crowbar approach might be to include a wizard, that lets you specify which clip your saving or restoring the cursor for.

        A second approach might be to include a JUMP to the top of the clip, save the row:col info there as a comment line.
        Let your second clip extract that info, then jump the cursor to that position.

        NoteTab keeps track or which library is loaded into the clipbook, and which clip is in the clipeditor. Functions that extract this information, run from the clipbar, should be possible, but the ones Eric provided for getting the library name only work, if the clipbar library is the same as the clipbook lib. More or less a duplication of existing functions.

        Anyway, feature requests in this forum will probably be noticed by Fookes people, but not as fast as those posted in the "ntb-NextRelease" group.

        Cheers,

        Eb