Re: [Clip] Re: Converting url to file

  • loro
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2010
      At 05:23 2010-09-10, Amitava Das Gupta wrote:
      >Thanks, but could you include an example or two? I tried both and while
      >^$GetRelativeName()$ works, I cannot get ^$FileToUrl()$ to work at all. If I
      >use "^!Set %url%=^$FileToUrl(^?{(T=O)&URL of script code=})$" for instance,
      >it seems to have no effect.

      It seems it screws up when you use curly braces in the wizard inside
      the function. Probably because wizards with square brackets are
      processed first in a clip, but the curly ones as they are
      encountered, i.e. too late in this case. Anyway, it works with square brackets.

      ^!Set %url%=^$FileToUrl("^$GetRelativeName(^?[(T=O)&URL of script code=])$")$

      If you split it up, either way works and it's easier to read.

      ^!Set %url%=^?{(T=O)&URL of script code=}
      ^!Set %url%=^$GetRelativeName(^$FileToUrl("^%url%")$)$

      Note that you need quotes with ^$FileToUrl()$ but not with
      ^$GetRelativeName()$ .

      Lotta