T=C OUTPUT ?

  • bozlawless
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2010
      IS it possible to take this code ^?{(T=C)TOOL=|_A|_B|_C|_D|_E|} put it in a clip then when i run the clip the output change for example

      i run the clips and select "D" but when it past the text in the file it outputs 700
      AND "B" WOULD OUTPUT YELLOW both are just examples
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2010
        If you told us a little less about what you want to do, it might make it harder to figure out. I
        already don't have a clue what you're talking about, and I'd guess most others don't either.

        The best example of requesting help it to provide the 'before' and the desired 'after' and let us
        figure out how to do it. You have apparently set all choices as the default choice - which of course
        is not possible.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 10, 2010
          bozlawless wrote:
          >IS it possible to take this code ^?{(T=C)TOOL=|_A|_B|_C|_D|_E|} put
          >it in a clip then when i run the clip the output change for example
          >

          >i run the clips and select "D" but when it past the text in the file
          >it outputs 700
          >AND "B" WOULD OUTPUT YELLOW both are just examples

          Like this?

          ^!Set %what%=^?{(T=C)TOOL=A|_B^=YELLOW|C|D^=700|E|}
          ^!InsertText ^%what%

          There is no point in having an underscore in front of each option.
          The underscore decides which of the choices should be pre-selected in
          the wizard and that can only be one. Also, you don't need a pipe
          character before the first option and after the last. It's a separator.

          Lotta
        • loro
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2010
            I wrote:
            >Like this?
            >
            >^!Set %what%=^?{(T=C)TOOL=A|_B^=YELLOW|C|D^=700|E|}
            >^!InsertText ^%what%

            You don't really need the variable and the ^!InsertText command if
            you don't want to use them. It works the way you already did it too.

            ^?{(T=C)TOOL=A|_B^=YELLOW|C|D^=700|E|}
          • bozlawless
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 11, 2010
              A simple I need more info would have been fine. I was not trying to make it hard on anyone that is a crazy statement I needed help with something I know very little about. yastupidhoo got me fixed up

              THANK YOU

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2010
                yastupidhoo YOU hit it dead on thank you very much