Re: [Clip] The QuickList Clip Assistant was driving me crazy!

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2010
      On 9/8/2010 11:32 PM, rogue_ronin wrote:
      > I primarily use the Clip Assistant as a Clip Editor Clipbook (slowly modifying it to suit myself.)

      Be sure to keep a backup if you customize the cliphelp.clh file. It gets
      overwritten when you reinstall or update NoteTab.

      > I believe you wrote this: correct me if I'm wrong?

      No, but I added to it, and my version, together with my ClipCode Syntax
      clip library and outline, is included with recent versions of NoteTab
      (since version 6).
      > Why did you use the double internal clip call? Not a criticism, just curious.

      Most of those internal clips are Eric's. I think the separate clip for
      inserting the caret is just to ensure that functions don't get evaluated
      before insertion. Seems like it could have been included in text
      insertions made by the other clips -- as ^%Caret%. Maybe the library
      predates that special variable.

      > I find that my own clips are marvelously dense and mysterious after just a short time away from them, even though I try to write decent comments for my older self. Is it primarily intended as a resource to feed the clipbook?

      Using the clipbook for launching clips is not allowed in ClipEdit (i.e.,
      when [Clips] is the active document). The Clip Assistant essentially
      gave a clipbook to ClipEdit. You can also launch clips from the clipbar
      during ClipEdit (except in NoteTab Light) but probably the clipbar came
      later.

      You might want to try the ClipCode Syntax clip. It helps you locate a
      clip function or command you need without rummaging through the Clip
      Assistant, and once found, runs the associated Clip Assistant clip.

      Have fun,