Re: Possible bug in ^!InsertText

  • graham lawrence
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 31, 2010
      > When you're done could you post the complete clips, input text and

      output HTML to the same Yahoo-files folder?

      Will do, Alec

      Graham Lawrence

    • graham lawrence
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 20, 2010
        Alex,

        You asked that I post the final form of OregonFlora.html to http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ ntb-clips/ files/Help_ wanted/ , where find OregonFlora2.zip

        This is not the final version of this project, its as far as I went with that approach to the problem.  I rewrote the script using string functions instead of the WYSIWIG commands to evade the ^!InsertText problem and used tool-tip definitions instead of multiple glossary frames.

        As it appears now is close to what the final version will look like, but I've entirely abandoned that approach, it involved just too much hand labor reformatting the text and extracting illustrations.

        I've since found that it is possible to extract both formatted texts and their illustrations from books.google.com, which eliminates an enormous amount of hand labor.  But the programming to handle those extractions is far more complex than with the original approach using the pdf, so it will take me a while to complete.  But when completed, I will certainly make the end result and the scripts involved available.

        Graham Lawrence