Re: [Clip] Re: concatenating html files

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 23, 2010
      diodeom wrote:
      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ooops! How could that be?
      > > "Day 1" is in the page title and there is no "Day 1" in the header.
      > > So, that cannot be the reason for the duplication. -Mike
      > >

      > I added the title "**** Day ^%i% ****^p" just to emphasize the
      > separations between the concatenated text. This fragment has little to
      > do with what's in your index.php files. It reflects the number of the
      > subfolder containing index.php from which the subsequent proper ^%txt%
      > is being slurped. The variable %i% simply counts from 1 to hoverer many
      > subfolders you have in the target folder, provided that they are indeed
      > named D1, D2, D3, etc.
      >
      > It looks like all you want instead in the clip line in question is:
      >
      > ^!InsertText ^%txt%^p^p

      Thanks for clearing that up for me. After looking over the line in combo
      with you explanation I think I see what is happening.

      I see now the duplicate text if from the Title and then the header
      paragraph which is not part of the PHP include.

      Why is <?php include("../title_mich_ca_index.php"); ?> being grabbed but
      not <?php include("../header_mich_ca_index.php"); ?>
      One is in the Document and HEAD and the other in the BODY. Is that why?

      This is getting off-topic so I will stop now.

      Thanks again. This will help me a lot when I do a final proof reading.

      -Mike
    • diodeom
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 23, 2010
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

        > I see now the duplicate text if from the Title and then the header
        > paragraph which is not part of the PHP include.
        >
        > Why is <?php include("../title_mich_ca_index.php"); ?> being grabbed but (...)

        It could make sense to paste the whole shebang unaltered at first for easy and useful tag manipulations (cleaning or extracting for reuse, depending on your objectives) and strip them later at once. Should you decide to try it, just kill ^!Set %txt%=^$StrStripHTML("^%txt%";0)$. Afterward Shift+Ctrl+T (issued either manually or from the clip) should address the php remnants as well.
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 23, 2010
          diodeom wrote:

          > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I see now the duplicate text if from the Title and then the header
          > > paragraph which is not part of the PHP include.
          > >
          > > Why is <?php include("../title_mich_ca_index.php"); ?> being grabbed
          > but (...)
          > >

          > It could make sense to paste the whole shebang unaltered at first for
          > easy and useful tag manipulations (cleaning or extracting for reuse,
          > depending on your objectives) and strip them later at once. Should you
          > decide to try it, just kill ^!Set %txt%=^$StrStripHTML("^%txt%";0)$.
          > Afterward Shift+Ctrl+T (issued either manually or from the clip) should
          > address the php remnants as well.

          Cool. Sounds like a good way to go for final clean-up.

          Thanks,
          -Mike
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 23, 2010
            diodeom wrote:
            > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I see now the duplicate text if from the Title and then the header
            > > paragraph which is not part of the PHP include.
            > >
            > > Why is <?php include("../title_mich_ca_index.php"); ?> being grabbed
            > but (...)
            > >

            > It could make sense to paste the whole shebang unaltered at first for
            > easy and useful tag manipulations (cleaning or extracting for reuse,
            > depending on your objectives) and strip them later at once. Should you
            > decide to try it, just kill ^!Set %txt%=^$StrStripHTML("^%txt%";0)$.
            > Afterward Shift+Ctrl+T (issued either manually or from the clip) should
            > address the php remnants as well.

            Tried that. Still left the PHP include in the headers.
            No big deal. S&R took care of it quick.
            -mb