line feed characters

  • Don
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2010
      I continue to have troubles after getting a new computer. When I send
      files to other people they get long run on lines with no return characters.

      What should my setting be on? Is it possible that this is messed up
      somewhere besides in notetab?

      I assume I want to be under view/options/document/encoding -- then what?
      I had format/save as set to:
      Dos/Windows

      Thanks for any input.
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2010
        If you add to your clips to replace \R with \r\n, that should resolve the problem. Or, if you copy
        the text and paste it into a new document, it will 'take' your Dos/Windows setting. It is apparently
        saving as original, another setting somewhere.