Re: Is there a way to paste contents into a MS Word template automatically?

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2010
      "Steve" <jsteveadams@...> wrote:

      > This is asking too much, but is there a way this clip can be altered to do the same thing, but in Open Office.org 3.1?

      If your desired final document format is now OpenOffice .odt, I wouldn't bother with VB at all, but -- the way I see it -- have a copy of the template file unzipped in some permanent location where NoteTab clip can repetitively populate the content.xml file with your text. It would zip it afterwards along with all the associated files (via a command line zipping utility) to some desired location as nameofnewfile.odt. If you have a bunch of these text files to do at once, the clip could cycle through a whole batch (directory) of them with one click. No need to load OpenOffice. The same goes for the MS Word 2007/10 alternative.

      I'm not anxious to load yet another bloatware suite just for testing, but I'll try this scheme first with Word's .docx...