Re: Date Time stamp not working

  • Bill Mosca
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2010
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@...> wrote:

      > "Bill Mosca" <wrmosca@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > One way of doing this could be to have your dt clip read as follows:
      > > >
      > > > ^!SetClipboard ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yyyy hh:nn)$
      > > >
      > > > and change the content of OnClipboardChange to:
      > > >
      > > > ^!IfFalse ^%CheckClipboard% Exit
      > > > ^!If ^$GetClipboardSize$ > 20 Exit
      > > > ^!IfClipExist "^$GetClipboard$" Next Else Exit
      > > > ^!IfSame "^$GetClipboard$" "dt" Skip_2
      > > > ^!CopyClip ^$GetClipboard$
      > > > ^!Goto Skip
      > > > ^!Clip dt
      > > > ^!PasteBack
      > > >

      > > Thank you for the reply. Will that work outside of NotePad? From what little I know about Clips, only PasteClips can do that.
      > >
      > > Bill
      > >

      > It does work for me (at least in Thunderbird where I tested).
      > The clip dt resides in the very PasteClips library and so does OnClipChange. Sorry if I didn't clarify that from the onset: this solution involves editing of the existing OnClipChange clip. (As always, it would be probably prudent to preserve the original code first.)

      Wonderful! It works perfectly. Thank you very much. I code in VBA and am always telling folks not to fumble around but to learn the basics before you start trying to write code in a language you don't understand. And here I was doing the fumbling. <g>

      Regards,
      Bill Mosca, Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
      http://www.thatlldoit.com
      Microsoft Office Access MVP
      https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca