Re: [Clip] Script help needed for processing a list of download links

  • netplayground
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2010

      > netplayground wrote:
      > > So below is an example of what I am trying to do:
      >
      > Something nasty has happened to your data. Could you zip the two
      files,
      > put them somewhere, and post a link here?
      >
      > Danke
      > Axel

      WOW. What a mess. I apologize. I was (and am) using the rich text
      editing system from the group page on Yahoo and what looked normal in
      the editor obviously went berserk somewhere after I hit send.

      To ensure that you can easily understand what has me stumped I've put
      the 'example' data in several places. Hopefully one of them will work
      for you.

      First, i'm going to try to embed a link to a screen capture of the file
      with notations. If you see nothing below this sentence, you know that
      went sour.

      [example]

      The direct link to the image that should be shown above is:
      http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jw6J159zDV8/TB6mvWpm1hI/AAAAAAAAC0E/nBeaOWy6Y5A/s8\
      00/group%20data%20process%20example.png
      <http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jw6J159zDV8/TB6mvWpm1hI/AAAAAAAAC0E/nBeaOWy6Y5A/s\
      800/group%20data%20process%20example.png>

      You can also download a copy of the overview image (both png and jpg)
      plus the original text file via rapidshare or sendspace using the
      appropriate link below:

      <%20http://rapidshare.com/files/401151761/group_data_process_example.zip\
      > Rapidshare Link:
      http://rapidshare.com/files/401151761/group_data_process_example.zip
      <%20http://rapidshare.com/files/401151761/group_data_process_example.zip\

      Sendspace Link:
      group_data_process_example.zip
      http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8vbde
      <http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8vbde>

      Thanks in advance for your help and again, sorry for the previous post
      which looked like I sent it through a commercial grade blender!

      NETPLAYGROUND

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2010
        netplayground wrote:
        > I've put the 'example' data in several places.

        You don't go half measures, do you? From your image the data are exactly
        as per your precise description, so I might have gone by that.
        A solution along Lotta's line using a variable and a loop is certainly
        possible.

        But now the sun's come up here in the Rhineland and like any good
        vampire I'm off to bed and shall look at it later.

        Axel
      • diodeom
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 21, 2010
          "netplayground" <netplayground@...> wrote:

          > I'm stumped trying to figure out how to create a script that will take a
          > page of raw text that contains several groupings of text formatted as
          > follows: ( line 1: movie title line 2+ download links for that movie
          > one link per line + blank lines between groupings ) and reformat it so
          > that each line contains the movie title -- five spaces -- and then a
          > download link.

          This should work:

          ^!Jump 1
          :Loop
          ^!Find "^(.++)(?s).+?html(?=\R{2,}|\Z)" RS
          ^!IfError Done
          ^!Set %t%=^$GetReSubStrings$
          ^!Replace "^" >> "^%t%\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20" HARS
          ^!Replace ".++\R" >> "" HRS
          ^!Find "^\R|\Z" RS
          ^!Goto Loop
          :Done
          ^!Replace "^\R" >> "" WARS
          ^!ClearVariable %t%
        • John Shotsky
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 21, 2010
            There is almost always more than one way to do things. I happen to dislike loops when they are not
            needed, because they take more time than simple replaces.

            So, the following does what has been requested, using only replaces.
            ;=====
            ;Add delimiters and spaces to URLs
            ^!Replace "^(http.+html)" >> "<\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20$1>" AIRSTW
            ;Set up the first line
            ^!Replace "^(\w.+)\R(<.+>)\R" >> "$1$2\r\n" ARSTW
            ;Set up the rest
            ^!Replace "^(\w[^<]+)(<[^>]+>)\R(<.+>)\R" >> "$1$2\r\n$1$3\r\n" ARSTW
            ^!IfError Next Else Skip_-1
            ;Remove delimiters and extra CR's
            ^!Replace "<(.+)>\R*" >> "$1\r\n" ARSTW
            ;=====

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 21, 2010
              "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...> wrote:

              > I happen to dislike loops when they are not
              > needed, because they take more time than simple
              > replaces.

              "Skip_-1" cycles as many times as the maximum number of links within the largest group. I'd call it a loop. :)
            • John Shotsky
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 21, 2010
                I agree it is a loop strictly speaking, but that's not what I meant.

                > I happen to dislike loops when they are not
                > needed, because they take more time than simple
                > replaces.

                "Skip_-1" cycles as many times as the maximum number of links within the largest group. I'd call it
                a loop. :)

              • Net Playground
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 22, 2010
                  Thank you .. everyone .. for the suggestions.   John ... your suggestion below worked like a charm.  I was able to process about 3500 lines of information in the blink of an eye ... all perfect.  It sure beats doing it by hand.

                  This was my first time ever asking for assistance with anything via a group.  Thank you everyone for responding so quickly and with such great information and ideas.  It is truly appreciated.

                  NETPLAYGROUND