Re: [Clip] Script help needed for processing a list of download links

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 19, 2010
      netplayground wrote:
      > So below is an example of what I am trying to do:

      Something nasty has happened to your data. Could you zip the two files,
      put them somewhere, and post a link here?

      Danke
      Axel
    • loro
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 19, 2010
        netplayground wrote:
        >Title Info For Link Group
        >Threehttp://hotfile.com/dl/45559612/a76d94a/movie.three.part01.rar.htmlh\
        >ttp://hotfile.com/dl/45559660/ce384f4/movie.three.part02.rar.htmlhttp://\
        >hotfile.com/dl/45559738/fb559ae/movie.three.part03.rar.htmlhttp://hotfil\
        >e.com/dl/45559791/2a1bf07/movie.three.part04.rar.htmlhttp://hotfile.com/\
        >dl/45559834/10d95aa/movie.three.part05.rar.htmlhttp://hotfile.com/dl/455\
        >59926/856c862/movie.three.part06.rar.htmlhttp://hotfile.com/dl/45559995/\
        >5f77568/movie.three.part07.rar.htmlhttp://hotfile.com/dl/45560090/f4c01b\
        >4/movie.three.part08.rar.htmlhttp://hotfile.com/dl/45560163/048f589/movi\
        >e.three.part09.rar.htmlhttp://hotfile.com/dl/45560261/d559104/movie.thre\
        >e.part10.rar.htmlhttp://hotfile.com/dl/45560323/36c1d7a/movie.three.part\
        >11.rar.htmlhttp://hotfile.com/dl/45560399/a9d79fc/movie.three.part12.rar\
        >.html
        >

        >PROCESSED DATA OUT: [TITLE][5 SPACES][LINK INFO][^P] (one per line)
        >Title Info For Link Group One
        >http://hotfile.com/dl/45558557/afe5503/movie.one.part01.rar.html
        >Title Info For Link Group One
        >http://hotfile.com/dl/45558689/1c8dafe/movie.one.part02.rar.html

        Get the title info into a variable somehow (I call it %info%). Then
        search for "http://" and replace it with "^P^%info%^Phttp://", that
        is, linebreak followed by the content of the variable followed by
        linebreak followed by "http://".

        Something like this as a starting point. (untested).
        ^!Replace "http://" >> "^P^%info%^Phttp://" WTA

        Lotta
      • netplayground
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2010

          > netplayground wrote:
          > > So below is an example of what I am trying to do:
          >
          > Something nasty has happened to your data. Could you zip the two
          files,
          > put them somewhere, and post a link here?
          >
          > Danke
          > Axel

          WOW. What a mess. I apologize. I was (and am) using the rich text
          editing system from the group page on Yahoo and what looked normal in
          the editor obviously went berserk somewhere after I hit send.

          To ensure that you can easily understand what has me stumped I've put
          the 'example' data in several places. Hopefully one of them will work
          for you.

          First, i'm going to try to embed a link to a screen capture of the file
          with notations. If you see nothing below this sentence, you know that
          went sour.

          [example]

          The direct link to the image that should be shown above is:
          http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jw6J159zDV8/TB6mvWpm1hI/AAAAAAAAC0E/nBeaOWy6Y5A/s8\
          00/group%20data%20process%20example.png
          <http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jw6J159zDV8/TB6mvWpm1hI/AAAAAAAAC0E/nBeaOWy6Y5A/s\
          800/group%20data%20process%20example.png>

          You can also download a copy of the overview image (both png and jpg)
          plus the original text file via rapidshare or sendspace using the
          appropriate link below:

          <%20http://rapidshare.com/files/401151761/group_data_process_example.zip\
          > Rapidshare Link:
          http://rapidshare.com/files/401151761/group_data_process_example.zip
          <%20http://rapidshare.com/files/401151761/group_data_process_example.zip\

          Sendspace Link:
          group_data_process_example.zip
          http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8vbde
          <http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8vbde>

          Thanks in advance for your help and again, sorry for the previous post
          which looked like I sent it through a commercial grade blender!

          NETPLAYGROUND

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2010
            netplayground wrote:
            > I've put the 'example' data in several places.

            You don't go half measures, do you? From your image the data are exactly
            as per your precise description, so I might have gone by that.
            A solution along Lotta's line using a variable and a loop is certainly
            possible.

            But now the sun's come up here in the Rhineland and like any good
            vampire I'm off to bed and shall look at it later.

            Axel
          • diodeom
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 21, 2010
              "netplayground" <netplayground@...> wrote:

              > I'm stumped trying to figure out how to create a script that will take a
              > page of raw text that contains several groupings of text formatted as
              > follows: ( line 1: movie title line 2+ download links for that movie
              > one link per line + blank lines between groupings ) and reformat it so
              > that each line contains the movie title -- five spaces -- and then a
              > download link.

              This should work:

              ^!Jump 1
              :Loop
              ^!Find "^(.++)(?s).+?html(?=\R{2,}|\Z)" RS
              ^!IfError Done
              ^!Set %t%=^$GetReSubStrings$
              ^!Replace "^" >> "^%t%\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20" HARS
              ^!Replace ".++\R" >> "" HRS
              ^!Find "^\R|\Z" RS
              ^!Goto Loop
              :Done
              ^!Replace "^\R" >> "" WARS
              ^!ClearVariable %t%
            • John Shotsky
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 21, 2010
                There is almost always more than one way to do things. I happen to dislike loops when they are not
                needed, because they take more time than simple replaces.

                So, the following does what has been requested, using only replaces.
                ;=====
                ;Add delimiters and spaces to URLs
                ^!Replace "^(http.+html)" >> "<\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20$1>" AIRSTW
                ;Set up the first line
                ^!Replace "^(\w.+)\R(<.+>)\R" >> "$1$2\r\n" ARSTW
                ;Set up the rest
                ^!Replace "^(\w[^<]+)(<[^>]+>)\R(<.+>)\R" >> "$1$2\r\n$1$3\r\n" ARSTW
                ^!IfError Next Else Skip_-1
                ;Remove delimiters and extra CR's
                ^!Replace "<(.+)>\R*" >> "$1\r\n" ARSTW
                ;=====

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 21, 2010
                  "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...> wrote:

                  > I happen to dislike loops when they are not
                  > needed, because they take more time than simple
                  > replaces.

                  "Skip_-1" cycles as many times as the maximum number of links within the largest group. I'd call it a loop. :)
                • John Shotsky
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 21, 2010
                    I agree it is a loop strictly speaking, but that's not what I meant.

                    > I happen to dislike loops when they are not
                    > needed, because they take more time than simple
                    > replaces.

                    "Skip_-1" cycles as many times as the maximum number of links within the largest group. I'd call it
                    a loop. :)

                  • Net Playground
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 22, 2010
                      Thank you .. everyone .. for the suggestions.   John ... your suggestion below worked like a charm.  I was able to process about 3500 lines of information in the blink of an eye ... all perfect.  It sure beats doing it by hand.

                      This was my first time ever asking for assistance with anything via a group.  Thank you everyone for responding so quickly and with such great information and ideas.  It is truly appreciated.

                      NETPLAYGROUND