Re: [Clip] WScript pop-up over executing clip

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
      I'm planning a field test of your ideas next week. Currently the problem is to keep everything in a single library, for both instances of NTP. And the only clip I can run from NoteTab's command line is the OnOpen clip, which I need for other things. I'm trying various conditionals in OnOpen.

      I'll post the results here when I have some.

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Al <acummingsus@...> wrote:

      > Eb,
      >
      > Keep the 2nd Notetab minimal ie don't open a bunch of documents at
      > startup, etc. and Notetab is known for its light resource consumption.
      >
      > Oh yes to yours tiny resource you mentioned.
      >
      > Doesn't Windows oper system only allow one window in focus at a time?
      >
      > If your wizard is not in focus, methinks the person cannot fill in its
      > fields.
      >
      > Seem to me you might need here an software program with the all of these
      > tasks playing out in one window, not several windows.
      >
      > Is there an app out there that can fuse (windows into 1 window) or
      > otherwise load two windows into one window. Alan.
      >
      > ebbtidalflats wrote:
      > > Hi Al,
      > >
      > > Interesting idea -- using a clip from a second instance of NoteTab.
      > > I may give it a try, just for education. I don't see how this will overcome the focus of the wizard.
      > >
      > > By the way, when running my external timer script uses very little resources, so a second instance of NoteTab will seem like going squirrel hunting with a 12 gauge shotgun <grin>.
      > >

      > > Cheers,
      > >

      > > Eb
      > >
      > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Al <acummingsus@> wrote:

      > >> Oops someone is filling in the wizard fields and the clip can't
      > >> ^!FocusApp at the same time.
      > >>
      > >> Make an alternate ini so you can command line launch a 2nd Notetab that,
      > >> upon launch, is running a timer clip -- call this command line from the
      > >> first clip -- do so just before the wizard pops up
      > >>
      > >> in the 2nd (Notetab and) clip, in this clip have a repeat focusapp to
      > >> keep it focused so that the wizard of 1st clip is not in focus and thus
      > >> the person cannot fill in the wizard fields.

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 18, 2010
        Spoke too soon <g>.

        The 2nd NT instanced worked, though there are two popups, the 2nd window, which must be cleared, then reinstated after the timeout, and the popup message. It's a bit annoying to have the double popup, but it works a bit better than the WSH script.

        Thanks Al. Some comments to your (and my) post below.

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

        > I'm planning a field test of your ideas next week.

        Got to it yesterday.

        > only clip I can run from NoteTab's command line is the OnOpen

        I hadn't read the latest commandline arguments. Specifying a clip by name works.

        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Al <acummingsus@> wrote:
        > > Keep the 2nd Notetab minimal ie don't open a bunch of documents at
        > > startup, etc. and Notetab is known for its light resource consumption.
        > > If your wizard is not in focus, methinks the person cannot fill in its
        > > fields.

        That's the idea - stop that person from filling in fields, like in a timed test.