[Clip] Re: Replace using list ...

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
      I take it you're thinking of one clip working on both - presumably open
      > - files. Could you elaborate a little on how to choose and swap the file
      > you're working on?

      Two clips, actually (much like in your concept). After populating both arrays from the tab-delimited doc (by the initial clip, maybe ran only once), the proper (looping) clip does its routine on the target list(s? -- maybe repetitively). I don't think there is much to be gained here by employing ^!Get/SetDocIndex (or whichever doc management functions/commands). It takes "a willing act of Don" :) to choose the docs, to clear (otherwise temporarily persisting) possibly hefty variables %Code% and %Name%, or to maybe preserve these arrays for any future use (by writing them to the second clip, or by populating a handy ini file with streamlined, paired school name/school code values), or to... -- and so on. Lots of maybes.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
        diodeom wrote:
        > Two clips, actually

        I see. I tend always to forget, that arrays and other variables can
        persist across clips. Out of a bit of misplaced purism I prefer not to
        make use of that.

        Danke